Marketing Manager Jobs Vacancy in University Toronto Press Toronto
University Toronto Press Toronto urgently required following position for Marketing Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marketing Manager Jobs Vacancy in University Toronto Press Toronto Jobs Details:
Want to work with Canada’s premier campus retailer?Then, come and join our incredible Retail team!
Here’s our Current Opening:
Position: Marketing Manager
Reports To: Vice President, Retail
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Location: Koffler Bookstore, downtown Toronto
Here’s what you’ll be doing ….
Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing management of all marketing, advertising and promotional activities in the Retail Division of the University of Toronto Press. This role works closely with the Retail team to create and implement an omni-channel marketing strategy for a multi-store campus retailer. Oversees the creative design process, including supervising a graphic designer.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leads, coaches, develops, team members to promote and support the overall Retail marketing strategy
- Creates a marketing plan and strategy that supports the overall goals of the Retail Division
- Works closely with the Manager, General Merchandising, to establish a high impact annual plan for promotional campaigns for all product lines and locations
- Collaborates with the Manager, E-Commerce and Social Media to design creative content for the website(s) and social media
- Creates attractive surveys and contests to build and maintain a large and effective CASL compliant email list of students, alumni and faculty/staff
- Undertakes and participates in special projects
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University/college graduate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Marketing
- Experience in the creation of marketing materials for an omni-channel retailer is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Prioritization and multitasking is a must as decisions must be made regarding efficient use of marketing resources
- Fluent in current graphic design practices and software, such as the Adobe suite
- Must be able to design and layout print ads, catalogues, posters and digital marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver projects on time
- Strong interpersonal skills and well developed communication skills
- Highly organized and pays extremely close attention to detail
- Creative, driven, flexible and innovative with leadership ability
- Must be a team builder, motivator and leader and be able to lead through change
- A great fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability
About our Retail Team
The University of Toronto Bookstore is a vibrant, dynamic, and engaging workplace with great perks such as discounts on nearly everything we sell and the best co-workers around. We’re proud to be a leader in saving students money on textbooks through innovative programs such as our rental textbook program, our great selection of used textbooks, competitive pricing on textbooks and our price match guarantee. Our line of U of T branded clothing offers students, faculty and staff great value and a wide selection of brands including Roots, Nike and Adidas.
About University of Toronto Press
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America’s premier academic presses. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in Applying?
Please send your resume with a covering letter by June 15, 2018.
Please indicate Marketing Managerin the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 2 years