Community Support Worker Adult Services Jobs Vacancy in Accredited Supports The Community Olds
Accredited Supports The Community Olds urgently required following position for Community Support Worker Adult Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Support Worker Adult Services Jobs Vacancy in Accredited Supports The Community Olds Jobs Details:
Community Support Worker - Part Time
Accredited Supports to the Community is seeking professional and experienced individuals for part-time and casual opportunities in Olds and Didsbury working with dependent adults with developmental disabilities in all aspects of their daily living.
Operating for 40+ years, ASC is a not-for-profit charitable society that provides Community Disability Services, Support to Adults, Children Services, Healthy Family services, as well as operates the Olds Bottle Depot.
We are seeking availability for days, evenings, weekends.
Positions also available for awake nights and sleep nights.
*Personal care experience an asset
*Health Care / Aid background an asset
· Ensure clients have adequate support while focusing on independence and autonomy with home living
· Plan and prepare nutritious meals
· Personal care and hygiene while respecting individual dignity
· Maintenance of safe and personalized homes
· Access medical professionals and follow up including assistance with medications when required
· Focus on participation in celebrations, events, social and recreational activities with an emphasis on inclusion, development and maintenance of interpersonal relationships
· Carry out all aspects of the person's Individual Support Plan and help achieve goals
· Maintain a focus on employment for those who are employed or desire to be employed
The Choice Candidate:
- Experience and education/courses related to Human Services
- Grade 12 or General Equivalency Diploma
- Able to be flexible with work schedule - ability to work scheduled shifts
- Current driver's license and reliable vehicle
- A clean Criminal Record Check
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated maturity and responsibility
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Immediate on-the-job training
- Ongoing professional development
- Creative and fulfilling work
- Flexible hours
- A dynamic, creative environment
- A base wage of 16.00 to 17.50 per hour dependent on education and experience
- 3.00 per hour shift differential for weekend work will be provided
- To be part of an accredited, professional, not for profit community organization and have opportunities for a career path to leadership
If you are passionate about helping people and want to make a difference in your community – we want to hear from you! Please send in your resume and cover letter including your availability for shifts and position interest. Please quote competition #AS0104
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- Support Care: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
- Olds, AB
Required license or certification:
- Class 5 Drivers License