Fluid Power Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Arcelormittal Dofasco Hamilton
Arcelormittal Dofasco Hamilton urgently required following position for Fluid Power Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Fluid Power Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Arcelormittal Dofasco Hamilton Jobs Details:
Fluid Power Specialist
ArcelorMittal Dofasco plays a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with top automotive, energy, packaging and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable steel products – from cans to cars.
Founded in 1912, we are Hamilton’s largest private sector employer with more than 5,000 employees shipping 4.5 million net tons of high quality flat carbon steel annually. Around the world, the ArcelorMittal Group employs 240,000 employees in 60 countries and looks to flagship sites like ArcelorMittal Dofasco to develop new technology and products that are fundamentally transforming tomorrow.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s iconic motto Our Product is Steel. Our Strength is People. ® is a true expression of our belief that people are the company’s competitive advantage. Underpinning this are our values of Quality, Sustainability and Leadership – brought to life by generations of employees who have come to work for more than 100 years creating world class products, processes and services.
Corporate responsibility is paramount to our operations and our commitment spans four pillars: investing in people, enriching our community, making steel sustainable and transparent governance.
We are currently seeking a Fluid Power Specialist to support the hydraulic and pneumatic systems at ArcelorMittal Dofasco. These systems are critical to the operation of our manufacturing facilities.
The Fluid Power Specialist will be responsible for supporting the overall operating condition and reliability of fluid power systems across the plant to ensure smooth operation of the various processes within the plant.
- Provide technical support to the hydraulics shop, and asset maintenance teams responsible for maintenance of ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s process equipment
- Leading the Equipment Reliability Process to ensure the development of technically based Equipment Maintenance Programs (EMP) to achieve business goals.
- Participating with Maintenance, Operations and on-site specialists in troubleshooting and resolution of equipment problems associated with hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including the use of data acquisition systems.
- Leading and participating in investigations, using formal root cause analysis, for all fluid power systems related incidents plant-wide and implementing recommended solutions to prevent reoccurrence
- Lead, or support maintenance and capital projects supporting fluid power systems, including commissioning and start up of new systems.
- Provide design support for the design of new fluid power systems, or modification of existing systems to meet process requirements.
- Conduct equipment condition assessments and develop technically based maintenance plans or equipment upgrade/replacement justifications.
- Revise internal specifications, standards, procedures based on legislation, industry standards and plant requirements.
- Provide technical support and training to maintenance personnel that interact with fluid power systems
- Maintain an awareness of industry technologies and their application at Dofasco
- Contribute and support goals to be accident free.
- A 3 year Technologist Diploma, or 4 Year University degree with a specialization in Fluid Power Systems (hydraulics/pneumatics) is required. A Controls Engineering background with demonstrated hydraulics/pneumatics experience will also be considered.
- Accreditation as a Certified Fluid Power Specialist, Certified Hydraulic Specialist, or Certified Pneumatic Specialist is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years work experience related to design, operation and maintenance of fluid power systems.
- Experience and working knowledge of fluid power systems, components, control systems and monitoring.
- Experience and working knowledge of the design of fluid power systems.
- Experience in working in heavy industry is an asset.
- General knowledge of Project Engineering, Project/Construction Management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and communication skills are required.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills are required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with a broad range of plant personnel including maintenance, operations supervisors and staff as well as central engineering department.
- Office and plant environment.
- Use of appropriate personnel protective equipment is required. As a minimum, hard hat, safety boots, eye protection, and hearing protection are generally required outside the office.
Hours of Work:
- Normal hours of work are days, Monday to Friday, with occasional extended hours required to support projects or maintenance activities.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume directly to our website at https://arcelormittal.silkroad.com/
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We would like to thank all those who apply in advance since only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.Required Skills