Payroll Manager Jobs Vacancy in Eden Gardens Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society Nanaimo
Eden Gardens Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society Nanaimo urgently required following position for Payroll Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Payroll Manager Jobs Vacancy in Eden Gardens Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society Nanaimo Jobs Details:
All team members at Eden Gardens embrace the Eden Philosophy of Care to create a Human Habitat where life is worth living, antidotes to the three plagues are abundant, all partners are growing and relationships flourish.
Eden Gardens uses the Eden alternative definition of care to ensure that each person associate with our organization has the opportunity to be their very best.
- Care Partner: A role that applies to everyone within and connected to the home. We are all partnering to ensure that everyone has the chance to grow and relationships are reciprocal.
- Care Partner Team: Care Partners that come together consistently to support life within specific physical space in the community. They share in daily responsibilities and are committed to helping one another to grow. The team includes Elders, employees, and families.
- Growth Partner: Someone who supports, educates, and guides you to have a successful life experience in our community. Growth Partners provide honest and timely feedback to you through regular evaluations and on-the-job training (Principle Ten).
- Care: Helping others to grow by developing skills in areas of interest.
- Daily Rhythm of the Home: The flow of daily life in the home is based on the needs, choices, and preferences of the Elders, not the needs of the organization or the employees. This can include arising, sleeping, eating, bathing, events, and treatments.
- The Eden Alternative: An international not-for-profit organization dedicated to eliminating loneliness, helplessness, and boredom and improving the well-being of Elders and those who care for them by transforming the environments in which they live and work.
HR/Payroll Manager Role - Eden Gardens
The HR/Payroll Manager for our home plays an important role in promoting a compassionate environment for the employee care partners. You are a leader and an advocate. You are a role model when it comes to building relationships and helping people become well-known in the home. You will ensure that the employee care partners have a strong understanding of our Well-Being Strategies (policies, procedures and programs).You will help employees understand how provincial and federal regulations help them meet their own needs and those of their Elders care partners.
Growth Partner (Executive Director)
The Executive Director will assist you in your role by providing support, guidance, timely feedback, assist with personal growth plan, and education, as needed, to ensure your success as a care partner in our home.
As a member of the team, your role will include:
Assisting with developing strategies to attract employees with the needed talents, skills, and attributes to further our journey
- Growing friendships
- Developing strategies that bring forth the Domains of Well-Being
- Being trustworthy
- Advocating for new employee care partners and helping to make them welcome and well-known as quickly as possible
- Keeping the Elders’ preferences and needs at the center of all your decisions, conversations, and actions
- Showing people what it means to genuinely care for others
- Sharing your unique skill set to help others (including Elders) grow and benefit from your professional knowledge
Fulfilling this Care Partner Role
To ensure that we have the right person with the right knowledge to fulfill this role, the following is required:
- Experience in Human Resource planning and development
- Experience with ComVida strongly desired.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements
- Experience in a payroll processing role, preferably in a long-term care setting
- Experience in benefits administration
- Experience with integrated administrative software systems
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with and access to services and resources in the larger community that can be of benefit to those living and working in our community
- Being responsive to the needs of the Elders, families, and your peers by keeping your promises
- Being a companion, balance giving and receiving for all, and be spontaneous at times
- Having a sense of humor
- Showing respect for everyone you have contact with
- Demonstrating flexibility and a willingness to modify role duties for the overall good of the community and the Elders
Education and Training
- The minimum education required education for this job is grade 12, diploma from recognized secretarial program, completion of a recognized payroll course, bookkeeping/commercial accounting diploma or equivalent relevant work experience and a minimum of two years’ work experience.
- Experience with ComVida strongly desired.
- Proficient in the use of all standard office equipment. They must be proficient in using computers and software including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, web browser, Google and all EG in-house software related to the performance of their duties.
- The home will pay for and provide access to on-going training to upgrade these skills however the Payroll Supervisor is responsible for identifying any gaps and ensuring their skills keep up with changing requirements
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Specific Duty Descriptions:
Set up – Ensure all configurable fields, e.g., WCB, MPP, MSP, PBC, HBT, vacation, pay rates, etc. are properly set up for each pay period and year. Update as required.
Employee Records – Create and maintain an electronic record in the payroll system for every employee. Set up and maintain approved tracking/filing system for personnel records, staffing records, call logs and payroll records. Issue ROEs.
Payroll – Process payroll, adjustments and submit file to bank for direct deposit each pay period.
Benefits – Set up and track benefits for each employee. Send employer forms to appropriate outside agencies. Employee leave and replacement management.
Recoveries – Track and provide accounting with billing information for meals, union business, benefits, etc.
Reporting – Prepare and submit CRA, WCB, EI, MPP, HBT, HSCIS and other related reports as required.
External Liaising – Liaise with all required outside agencies as required in the discharge of duties.
Internal Liaising – Investigate and resolve payroll complaints and errors. Meet with and address any employee concerns regarding payroll, benefits or scheduling. Track accrued sick and vacation time. Advise employees accordingly.
Year End – Prepare and transfer T4s and T4 summary. Prepare and transfer MPP. Set up new year (see set up).
Interview Panel – Participates as needed as part of a panel for interviewing and selecting prospective employees.
Labour/Management – Liaise with and assist management with all Labour/Management issues. Attend meetings as required. Experience in a unionized environment strongly desired.
Job Postings – Prepares posts and awards job vacancies.
Personal Growth Plans - Develop and maintain the Personal Growth Plan spreadsheet. Provide PGP materials to the management team, and attendance management materials for follow through when required.
Internal Liaising – Liaise with management regarding WCB lost time and return to work matters, staffing levels, casual pool levels, absences and explanations of absences.
Employee Management System – develop and maintain EMS for accuracy and continuity. Experience with ComVida strongly desired.
External Liaising – Liaise with any required external agencies. Provide staff requested letters of reference.
Hiring – Orientate new employees for payroll. Ensure all required hiring, payroll and benefits documentation is completed and submitted to the appropriate agency.
Replacement – Covers Human Resources/Payroll Assistant essential duties when incumbent absent. Provides cross-training to other care partners to assist with payroll processing
Office Equipment –Learn and competently use all office equipment.
Correspondence – Create documents, memos, reports, minutes, etc. as required.
Other – Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
Complete safety related training as required
- Reports potential or actual safety concerns; contributes to and follows safe practices in accordance with WorkSafe BC and policies
Physical demands of this role include:
This position demands good physical and mental health. You will need to present a positive public image of this home by being highly visible within the larger community, which may include attending meetings, assessing potential new employee care partners, purchasing supplies, and building relationships. You will need the ability to tolerate and deal with high levels of stress due to multiple demands and responsibilities in this role. You may be exposed to bio-hazardous material and should have knowledge of safe material handling procedures.
- EG Policy Manual - Our Vision, Mission and Values Statements
- EG Policy Manual - The Eden Alternative Ten Principles
- EG Policy Manual - Domains of Well Being
Job Type: Full-time