Reservations Agent Jobs Vacancy in The Grand Hotel Suites Toronto Toronto
The Grand Hotel Suites Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Reservations Agent. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Reservations Agent Jobs Vacancy in The Grand Hotel Suites Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
Located in downtown Toronto, The Grand Hotel & Suites is known for its intimate, luxurious and extraordinary guest suites. Distinguished by its understated elegance, personalized service and state-of-the-art conveniences, our guests enjoy a comfortable yet enriching stay and unsurpassed service by our dedicated team. Facilities include 177 guest suites, Health Club, Citrus restaurant and lounge, indoor swimming pool and a rooftop patio with spectacular view of the downtown area. Featuring 10 meeting rooms totaling 10,000 square feet of function space, The Grand is host to small meetings to full gala events. Our menu emphasizes refined catering options, from buffet to plated meals.
The Reservations Agent is an integral part of the hotel operations. Acting as the first point of sales for potential and repeat guests, the Reservations Agent will be well versed as well as be able to eloquently relay all hotel promotions, guest suite descriptions and nearby amenities to in-coming calls.
- Handle telephone reservations in an efficient and friendly manner
- Respond to incoming email correspondences and answer in a timely manner
- Assist Reservations Managers with daily tasks
- Responsible for individual reservations through the telephone and property management system (PMS)
- Answer guest inquiries regarding rates, special packages, and general information of surrounding area
- General office work, i.e. photocopying, filing, faxing, etc.;
- Ensuring inter-departmental communication and co-operation in the interest of better guest satisfaction.
- Provide tours of the hotel to current and potential guests.
- Accurately enter all reservations and rooming lists into the property management system (PMS)
- Ensure all extranet sites are accurately updated with confirmation numbers and inventory in a timely manner
- Process cancellations, revisions and information updates on reservations
- Have extensive knowledge about all guest room & suites options. Also knowledgeable with all hotel amenities and services.
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner during all interactions
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism
- Investigate rate discrepancies and report findings to Reservations Manager
- Responsible for other responsibility and duties as assigned by Reservation Managers
- Self-motivated and able to make decisions in an unsupervised setting.
- Able to work well under pressure and take initiative.
- Must be well organized and have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, while exercising high levels of patience.
- To be fluent in English both written and verbal. Proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays (including overtime) when required.
- Must adhere to the appearance and grooming policy.
- Must have a passion for delivering outstanding luxury service.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with all departments, co-workers and management.
- Working knowledge of Room Key is an asset
- College/University education in Hospitality preferred or equivalent experience.
The Grand Hotel and Suites welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We appreciate your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Toronto, ON