Residential Mortgage Officer Intern Jobs Vacancy in Sauder School Business Real Estate Division Vancouver
Sauder School Business Real Estate Division Vancouver urgently required following position for Residential Mortgage Officer Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Residential Mortgage Officer Intern Jobs Vacancy in Sauder School Business Real Estate Division Vancouver Jobs Details:
Job Title : Residential Mortgage Officer Intern
Department: Single Family Residential Mortgage Department
Reports To: Manager, Residential Mortgage Fulfillment
Work Term: May 2018 – August 2018 (4 months)
# Positions: 1 (Vancouver)
Why Equitable Bank?
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then
read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace
the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business
successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and
exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
If you are passionate about the financial services industry and are looking for experience that will both
challenge and provide you with an opportunity to learn and grow then Equitable Bank is the place for you!
During your internship you will not only learn about the Bank and the functions of your department, but
you will have the opportunity to participate in various volunteer opportunities as well as team building
activities for all interns in the program!
About Equitable Bank
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It
offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-
interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus,
Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $17 billion in assets under management. Most recently,
Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus
Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 500 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-
occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides
mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.
Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages
under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.
Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs,
available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High
Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of
Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Purpose of Job: The Residential Mortgage Officer Intern is responsible for maintaining and updating mortgage files from the issued commitment stage to the time the solicitor is instructed. This mainly involves assessing the accuracy and legitimacy of documents, following up in a timely manner with mortgage brokers to request outstanding documents and reviewing the completeness of files according to various policies and procedures. Main Activities:
• Obtain and review for accuracy and legitimacy the required documentation with a strong emphasis on anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-terrorist financing (ATF) requirements, including but not limited to, income and down payment verification and client interviews.
• Ensure that mortgage files are in compliance with the Company’s and the mortgage default insurers’ established lending policies and procedures as well as ensuring that legal, AML and ATF requirements have been satisfied.
• Manage personal deal flow in order to meet prescribed deadlines. • Make diligent use of reports to track and manage the flow of all deals for his/her team. • Communicate with internal (underwriters, managers, administrators and mortgage sales staff)
and external contacts (mortgage brokers, clients and mortgage default insurers) to ensure transactions are processed in a timely and efficient manner in order to meet agreed upon service levels while delivering superior customer service.
• Monitor changes to deals and update files as required and communicate with appropriate parties apprising them of charges.
• Ensure that Quality Assurance requirements and Compliance review queries are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist other team members to ensure the team meets agreed upon service levels.
• Currently enrolled in University or College program (Finance, Business, Accounting or Economics is preferred).
• Sound thinker with the ability to multi-task. • Excellent attention to detail. • Ability to follow AML & ATF practices. • Excellent time management skills. • Ability to thrive under pressure. • Strong written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to build relationships at all levels. • Displays pride in providing superb customer service. • Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel).
Please submit resume and cover letter along with transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Your name, school – SFR Intern, Vancouver, summer 2018” in the subject line. Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely matches the requirements of the position.