Development Officer Community Partnerships Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Cancer Society Calgary
Canadian Cancer Society Calgary urgently required following position for Development Officer Community Partnerships. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Development Officer Community Partnerships Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Cancer Society Calgary Jobs Details:
CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
JOB POSTINGPOSITION: Development Officer, Community Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Events
LOCATION: Calgary AB
STATUS: Full-time, 1 year maternity leave contract, Start date in April.
Founded in 1938, the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) is a national, community-based organization of staff and volunteers whose mission is to eradicate cancer and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer. As Canadas largest national health charity and a leader in the fight against cancer, CCS has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity. Over the past 30 years, we have invested $1.2 billion in research on all cancers. Our support programs empower, inform and enhance the quality of life of people living with cancer.
The Canadian Cancer Society is made up of inspiring individuals who are leaders in their field and whose knowledge and expertise have real impact from helping fund internationally recognized breakthroughs in cancer research to raising public awareness and providing much-needed services and support to Canadians living with cancer. Our people have the energy and passion to contribute to a better future for others and improve lives now.
Join our team and make a difference. Help us achieve our vision of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
Cancer changes everything. So can you.
The Development Officer, Community Partnerships is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of Region-managed Community Partnership events and other funds development activities. This position will be based in our Calgary office, and will be responsible for furthering partnerships within Calgary and southern Alberta.
- Manage the Calgary Batting Against Breast Cancer signature event (August 11th, 2018)
- Work collaboratively with a volunteer planning committee in the implementation of the Calgary Batting Against Breast Cancer signature event
- Ensure fundraising goals for the Calgary Batting Against Breast Cancer event are met
- Maintain focus on recruitment and cultivation of Cancer Fighter Events
- Assist the Senior Manager, Events with development of Cancer Fighter program strategy and budgets
- Liaise with and support Cancer Fighter event organizers related to the implementation of their events
- Develop strategies/processes to improve Cancer Fighter events performance
- Develop and follow event plans and time-lines
- Prepare and distribute event promotional materials
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals and corporations in support of Funds Development activities
- Diversify revenue generation opportunities through proactive delivery of the Regions turnkey programs
- Identify and coordinate volunteer requirements for Cancer Fighter events in conjunction with Volunteer Manager
- Provide appropriate recognition for Cancer Fighter event organizers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (media relations experience is an asset)
- Proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation
- Proficiency working in a Windows environment and with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of a database or fundraising tool (i.e. Luminate/Convio program would be an asset)
- Good organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand CCSs vision
- Post-secondary diploma/degree required, in a related field (preferably Marketing, Public or Community Relations, or Event Planning)
- 3-5 years of experience in special events planning, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience working with donors and volunteers and managing, supervising and orientating people for events
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorships
WHAT WE OFFER:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by Feb 23, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
For more information about how you can join the fight against cancer and become a member of our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.cancer.ca
Connect with us online
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube