Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ontario Institute For Cancer Research Toronto
Ontario Institute For Cancer Research Toronto urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ontario Institute For Cancer Research Toronto Jobs Details:
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and office support. You will exercise your decision making capabilities, demonstrate judgment and independence to coordinate administrative and academic responsibilities in support to the Principal Investigator and his team.
- Organizing and managing the scheduling of calendars, coordinating/ scheduling internal and external meetings and/or recording minutes of meetings;
- Handling correspondence and coordinating the submission of invoices and expenses;
- Making complex travel arrangements and coordinating all aspects of travel reservations, i.e., airline, hotel and transportation to maximize effective time management;
- Preparing presentation materials;
- Working closely with and supporting the team;
- Maintaining the contact database; maintaining scientific CV in several formats;
- Assist with preparation and submission of grant applications and manuscripts;
- Using advanced functions to provide word processing to facilitate the production of complex documents/materials;
- Monitoring and analyzing budgets;
- Ensuring efficient operation of the office;
- Developing, organizing and maintaining electronic and paper information filing/retrieval methods, systems or formats;
- Performing clerical support functions;
- Performing cross-functional responsibilities, as required;
- Performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned.
- Completion of Grade XII or recognized equivalent;
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or equivalent;
- Minimum three years of related experience;
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat;
- Must be proficient at using and searching on the Internet;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to multi-task yet exercise precise attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt to a new and fast paced environment;
- Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations;
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards;
- Experience managing and updating curriculum vitae;
- Experience coordinating complex travel schedules;
- Experience with grant submissions an asset;
- Familiarity with Google calendar and Google Docs would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity with Mac systems an asset;
- Strong initiative/drive to continuously improve processes;
- Experience working in a scientific/academic environment an asset.
OICR is an innovative cancer research institute located in the MaRS Centre in the Discovery District in downtown Toronto. OICR is addressing significant challenges in cancer research with multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional teams. New discoveries to prevent, detect and treat cancer will be moved from the bench to practical applications in patients. The OICR team is growing quickly. We are innovative, dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals interested in being part of a culture of excellence that will result in Ontario being recognized internationally as a leading jurisdiction for cancer research.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
OICR is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .doc file.