Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Your Time Business Services Edmonton
Your Time Business Services Edmonton urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Your Time Business Services Edmonton Jobs Details:
Do you love enough about your current job that you’ve stayed where you’re at but you’re getting bored, looking for challenge or wishing there was more mobility within your position?
It’s Your Time, a rapidly growing Administrative Consulting business is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team providing exceptional business & executive support to fellow team members and our clients.
If you are highly organized, able to exist in a fluid environment, passionate about helping business owners succeed, full of ideas, seeking challenge and love working with a creative entrepreneurial team this could be the job for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides a professional, positive and energetic first point of contact for current and potential clients
- Supports the Owner in administrative functions required to manage the business
- Supports the Owner and in maintaining regular contact and positive relationships with current, past and prospective clients
- Takes leadership in evolving the administrative systems to enhance efficiency, service and sales
- All of the above in providing direct administrative support to It’s Your Time’s Clients.
- Direct Client Support (75% - percentage of employee’s time devoted to this duty)
- Provide client administrative support services based out of It’s Your Time’s offices as well as client’s place of business if required.
- Uses software and programs designated by the client and their systems.
- Consults appropriately with It’s Your Time’s lead Consultant on client issues and challenges.
- At all times asks how can I improve my client’s experience
- General Administration (20% - percentage of employee’s time devoted to this duty)
- Maintain and upgrade all administrative systems as required
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and packages
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate Team Member
- Data entry and upkeep of Insightly ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Confirm schedule and appointments for Owner and Consultants
- Provide general administrative support to Owner as required
- Send out birthday, anniversary and thank you cards
- Purchase and arrange for delivery of client gifts
- Reception (5% - percentage of employee’s time devoted to this duty)
- Answer general phone inquiries and greet walk-in customers in a professional, courteous and cheerful manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate Team Member
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Relay voicemail from the general mailbox to the appropriate Team Member
- Ensure Team Members receive accurate messages that include name and phone number in a timely manner.
Authority and Reporting:
The Administrative Assistant reports to The admin team lead. He/she will be providing business support to clients and will need to manage time appropriately to meet It’s Your Time’s internal needs and those of clients efficiently.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. (Fluency in English is required.)
- Intermediate to advanced ability in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Office, PowerPoint) as well as Outlook
- High comfort level / aptitude for learning new technology
- Proficient in database management software
- Proficient in using DropBox, Google Calendar and other tools to facilitate working with a virtual/mobile team and client base
- Basic bookkeeping an asset but not required
- Basic to intermediate website and intermediate social media administration ability (experience in using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging, updating websites etc.)
- Proficient in use of all office equipment Technology and systems savvy. Able to teach/coach clients to use technology and systems to help them work more effectively. Embraces learning new systems and technology.
- A valid driver’s license (and access to a vehicle when needed)
- Smart phone
- Highly organized with the ability to get and keep others organized.
- Excellent time management skills; attention to detail; the capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency; ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create / implement actions plans and monitor progress towards goals; and ability to make clear, timely decisions.
- A love of people and a passion for great customer service (both to IYT Team and clients).
- Able to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of Owner and clients to meet or exceed expectations.
- Self-motivated with a knack for fostering a team mentality in others. Able to work well on their own while also adapting to the changing needs and demands of the team.
- Works cooperatively with the team to set goals, resolve problems, and enhance organizational effectiveness and results.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing demands.
The Administrative Assistant will work from the It’s Your Time office located in Edmonton.
The core work week is Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. The Administrative Assistant will usually work within those hours; however, may be required to be flexible as per client demand.
Occasional overtime may be required but will be compensated as outlined in employment contract.
2 weeks holidays
Benefits upon completion of probation period
Self-regulated pay increase program in place
Snapshot of a Day
A day at It’s Your Time is ever-changing and largely self-directed based on client need.
You might have a full 8 hour day spent creating invoices for a client or you might have a day that includes a combination of:
- Creating social media content and managing accounts’
- Creating invoices;
- Online research on behalf of a client
- Learning something new
- Creating file structures to propose to client
- Writing a draft blog article
- Entering payroll information
The successful candidate will be comfortable with a shifting work load and able to direct themselves to meet deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year