Advance Sales Admissions Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Canadian National Exhibition Association Toronto
Canadian National Exhibition Association Toronto urgently required following position for Advance Sales Admissions Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Advance Sales Admissions Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Canadian National Exhibition Association Toronto Jobs Details:
Advance Sales & Admissions Assistant
Canadian National Exhibition Association - Toronto, Ontario
- March 1st – April 30th: part-time; 2 days/week
- May 1st - September 8th: regular work week based on thirty-five (35) hours per week or as required
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), or The EX as it is also known, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top five agricultural fairs in North America. Taking place over the 18 days leading up to and including Labour Day Monday, the CNE offers a wide variety of interactive entertainment experiences. Attractions include concerts, celebrity chef demonstrations, an acrobatic and ice skating show, midway rides and games, a working farm, exhibits, food, shopping, and a three-day Air Show. Founded in 1879, the CNE is a cherished tradition for the people of Toronto and surrounding communities, and attracts approximately 1.5 million visitors annually.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Admissions, Safety/Security & Operations, the Advance Sales & Admissions Assistant will work on Corporate, Advance and Online Sales programs, as well as the School Pass and Donations programs. The Advance Sales & Admissions Assistant will also receive day to day guidance from the Operations Coordinator, Administration & Admissions.
- Assist with administration of Advance Sales programs
- Liaise with Call Centre team for exchange of information and assist with resolving related client issues
- Enter information into client database
- Work with previous Corporate Sales clients to encourage ongoing participation
- Prepare and dispatch ticket orders
- Communicate with courier services
- Monitor internet for content related to Advance Sales
- Evaluate and process incoming Donation requests
- Fulfill requests from schools for additional Kid’s Passes and enter information into database
- Provide customer service
- Fulfill information requests, e.g. mail brochures, information packages, etc.
- Perform daily office administrative/clerical duties, e.g. research, photocopying, filing, as required
- Other duties as assigned
You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, and highly organized with excellent writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program in the area of Business and/or related fields would be considered an asset
- Proven customer service skills
- Experience with cash handling/control procedures an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and/or weekends is required, especially during peak period.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and covering letter outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE, Human Resources Department no later than Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Type: Contract
- Customer Service: 1 year