Business Analyst Project Manager Jobs Vacancy in Teligence Capital Vancouver
Teligence Capital Vancouver urgently required following position for Business Analyst Project Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Analyst Project Manager Jobs Vacancy in Teligence Capital Vancouver Jobs Details:
We started as a single chatline in 1990 and grew to become the leader in voice enabled social networking. Today, using our years of experience as investors, business operators and technology experts, we are helping other companies thrive in ways they never imagined. Follow the link to Teligence Capital to see our portfolio of companies.
Our mission is to bring out the best in businesses by leveraging our unique in-house skill-set; our goal is to create value for the long term. We have a track record of turning around distressed companies and making solid, mature companies more profitable. We believe that success is a natural product of opportunity and hard work.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst/Project Manager to join our team full-time. With a strong emphasis on our Interactive Voice Response business, you, as a Business Analyst, will unpack business problems and provide recommended solutions ensuring that the project delivers the desired benefits without unnecessary complexity or effort. From a Project Management perspective, you will bring your own experience and expertise to plan, execute, and drive results based on the established projects.
What You'll Do
As a Business Analyst, your primary role will be acting as a link between critical business stakeholders and the development team. Taking a proactive approach, you will help to define problems, gather requirements, and subsequently communicate a plan to address these needs to the development team. You are the bridge between what the business needs, its vision for tomorrow, and the development team. It is therefore important to be fluent in the ‘languages’ (technical and strategic) of both the business stakeholders and the development team. Other accountabilities will include:
- Facilitating requirements discussions to document, analyze, and translate functional and non-functional business requirements into project specifications, process diagrams, and workflows.
- Synthesizing information from multiple sources to help articulate problem statements and translate them into requirements.
- Writing concise and effective user stories.
- Assisting product owners with backlog grooming and user story prioritization.
- Leading sprint planning, reviews, Scrum meetings, and other Agile activities.
- Updating product deliverables, artifacts, and technical specifications in accordance with client requirements.
- Providing clear, complete and concise requirements documentation for all projects.
- Establishing project scope, budget, and timeline
- Managing the planning, scheduling, resourcing, delegation, budget analysis, reporting, risk management, and communication of various projects
- Overseeing project deployment, enhancement, maintenance, and integration
- Maintaining clear documentation, in particular key project milestones, issue logs, budget reports, weekly status reports, and risk assessment/contingency plans
- Implementing change management procedures, including process change and optimization
- Solving problems to resolve issues and recommend courses of action for business process improvements
No day looks the same for the Teligence Capital BA/PM. This person has a huge presence in the office, constantly communicating with people in all entities, departments, and levels of the business. Despite the ever-changing schedule and tasks, the BA/PM always acts as the Scrum Master. Gathering with all the Developers, this person uncovers what each person did the day before, is working on currently, and any issues they need assistance with. As the BA/PM, it’s up to you to help creatively problem solve any impediments people are facing.
Who You Are
We are all about attitude at Teligence Capital, working hard with a positive attitude is a non-negotiable. We believe having the right attitude means:
- You are a confident leader who takes initiative to drive results and manage multiple stakeholders through project changes, varying timelines, and competing priorities.
- You are accountable, taking responsibility for the successes and areas for improvement associated with your own work, projects and team.
- You thrive in an ambiguous environment where you must make your own paths to get the project done on time, on budget, and within scope.
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to effectively articulate information to a diverse audience in a clear and concise manner.
- You understand the importance of details, but can easily step back to see the big picture.
- You can easily multitask, while still ensuring all deadlines and deliverables are met.
- You are always organized and have a proven ability to effectively manage your time and tasks.
- You are proactive, actively seeking to understand and find solutions for various issues and stakeholders.
- You are flexible, friendly, and approach all situations with a sense of humor!
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in IT and software development
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of web development environments; ability to understand the implications of issues within web-based applications
- Knowledge of industry standard programming language, information architecture planning/design and current technology trends
- Experience in consulting and working with internal and external clients
We believe that every day you should come to work with a purpose.
At Teligence, we work within a group of intelligent and talented people who think big, dream big, and work hard to make those dreams a reality. Together, we are committed to staying true to our core values: do the right thing, do it together, bring your best, be yourself. We’re proud to have created a work environment that celebrates the diversity of our team, while fostering shared success across our organization.
In addition, we are pleased to offer our employees:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including wellness and work/life services; RRSP matching; medical and dental coverage; and more
- Beautiful new office in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Fun, collaborative environment with a focus on employee recognition