Junior Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Lloyd Canada Inc Montréal
Lloyd Canada Inc Montréal urgently required following position for Junior Business Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Lloyd Canada Inc Montréal Jobs Details:
Reports to: IT/Operations Delivery Services Manager, Lloyd’s Canada.
- Canada is Lloyd’s the second largest overseas office by premium. Lloyd’s Underwriters command a sizeable market share and significant premium in Canada. Additional resource is required to support Lloyd’s Canada with data analysis to meet regulatory and stakeholder expectations.
- A unique system in Canada (Lineage) is used by Lloyd’s Canadian brokers (Coverholders) to enter policy and claim information for reporting and settlement purpose.
- This role will work in collaboration with the IT/Operations Delivery Services to perform Customer (Business) solution requirements analysis and when appropriate translate into detailed system requirements.
- Analysis of Canadian Lloyd’s database to provide reports to Senior Compliance Manager and Senior Business Development Manager.
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships across the entire Lloyd’s organization and the Lloyd’s market in order to gather business needs and potential enhancements to Lineage.
- Becomes an expert of the Lineage system in order to answer queries from Lloyd’s Stakeholders and to provide training of the Lineage platform.
- Gather and manage useful market intelligence regarding the Canadian Insurance systems in order to elaborate future vision of the Lloyd’s Canadian IT platform.
- Participate to the elaboration of the Lineage architecture
- Work closely on the effective management of the BPO outsourcing relationship with TELUS
- Provide BA support for any process improvements
Major responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Actively involve Business stakeholders to understand and analyse business needs and process workflow.
- In working closely with the development team, based on the Business need, develop system solution that will bring the most value to Business stakeholders.
- Provide analytical and research support by reviewing Lineage performance and volumes data to support Lloyd’s Canada project prioritisation.
- Responsible for gathering and analysing of data to define benefits and impacts on all parties of process changes and Lineage enhancements.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for system improvements.
- Carry out cost benefit analysis and consultation work to a high standard.
- Produce reports, factual briefings, communication material and summaries of projects and their status.
- Communicate project information in the format of written briefings and reports, face-to-face meetings and presentations.
- Establish open and balanced relationships with all Lloyd’s Canada stakeholders.
- Provide research to support Lloyd’s Canada’s Business Development and Operational goals.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for various stakeholder committees including Xchanging.
- Create training materials to support Market actors in the use of Lineage
Values & Capabilities:
- Self-motivated and capable of building and developing relationships within the Corporation, the Lloyd’s market and Canadian Coverholders.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Ability to operate at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders, including managing, facilitating, influencing and negotiating mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Operate with the highest ethical and commercial standards.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Typically an experienced graduate with good project experience and strong communication, numerical and analytical skills (7 years + experience).
- Job holder will possess or develop quickly broad business knowledge of the Lloyd’s Market and the open international insurance standards (ACORD).
- Good communication and presentation skills, both oral and written. Embodies a positive image to all audiences.
- Experience in requirements gathering and documentation
- Knowledge of project management tools and disciplines.
- Experience facilitating/eliciting business requirements
- Build test plans, execute test plans
- Process analysis and design experience – ability to document processes
- Ability to operate at all levels of knowledge and seniority.
- Current ability to use a variety of recognised analysis and design techniques.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technology and standard desk top packages: MS/Excel, MS/Word, MS/PowerPoint, MS/Visio.
- Experience gathering requirements from the client/business and documenting.
- Must be able to speak English fluently and business level French.
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency.
- Able to identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Able to proactively manage expectations of numerous stakeholders.
- Knowledge of global insurance operating models.
Health & Safety: to have read and understood the Lloyd’s Health & Safety at Work Policy.
Information Security: to read, understand and adhere to the Lloyd’s Information Security Policy.
Business Continuity: to be aware of the Business Continuity Plan for the Department including response to alarms, meeting places and call cascades.
Legal & Compliance: To adhere to requirements of Compliance Manual and relevant laws (e.g. Equal Opportunity, Data Protection etc).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Business Analysis: 3 years
- English & French