Assistant Underwriter Jobs Vacancy in Burns Wilcox Canada Toronto
Burns Wilcox Canada Toronto urgently required following position for Assistant Underwriter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Underwriter Jobs Vacancy in Burns Wilcox Canada Toronto Jobs Details:
Want to be challenged every day? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit! When someone needs insurance coverage for the unique, the unusual, or the unconventional, they come to Burns & Wilcox. Our Assistant Underwriters directly service a book of business under the supervision of an Underwriter, offering the opportunity to learn the specialty insurance business and career advancements into an Underwriter role. Interested? Join our team!
- Support underwriters and brokers in accessing the breadth of our products and markets
- Bind risk, issue documents, post the invoice and process technical data into ConceptOne as well as other on-line formats.
- Screen renewal applications, perform some of the underwriting and prepare the quotes for underwriter approval
- Maintain producer files including distribution of marketing brochures and mailing contract information to new producers
- Maintain quality of end product verifying prepared documents follow established procedures
- Handle submissions and endorsements received from brokers endorsement requests and referrals to the underwriter as necessary
- Follow up for any outstanding information needed to complete the underwriting file
- Order and follow up on inspections and referral for the underwriter as necessary
- Opportunity to learn the business and grow into an Underwriter role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Insurance experience in underwriting and/or brokerage support with excess & surplus lines preferred
- Sales & marketing experience preferred
- Be technologically savvy and data driven
- Competitive base compensation
- Health benefits
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
- Many opportunities for career advancement
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, drive for career advancement and desire to develop relationships while growing a book of business.
Burns and Wilcox Canada is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence with a view to providing integration and equal opportunities for all. Burns and Wilcox Canada welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs in accordance with the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Recruiter or contact our Human Resources department at HRCanada@burns_wilcox.ca or 416.774.2477. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.About Our Company
Burns & Wilcox is the nation’s largest independent wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. In 1969, the late Herbert W. Kaufman recognized an opportunity to fill a void in the industry by establishing Burns & Wilcox as a wholesale brokerage and underwriting organization that would provide brokers and agents with unique access to a variety of insurance markets and help place their specialty risks. Today under the leadership of Mr. Kaufman’s son, Alan Jay Kaufman, that entrepreneurial spirit is thriving as Burns & Wilcox offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance agents of all sizes, from the large alphabet houses to the more than 30,000 brokers and agent partners worldwide.