Specialty Infusion Nurse Vernon Jobs Vacancy in Bayshore Healthcare Vernon
Bayshore Healthcare Vernon urgently required following position for Specialty Infusion Nurse Vernon. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Specialty Infusion Nurse Vernon Jobs Vacancy in Bayshore Healthcare Vernon Jobs Details:
- Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client;
- Conducts patient health assessments and medication administration teaching;
- Obtain IV access through peripheral IV initiation or central line access (PICC, IVAD, etc.);
- Prepares and administers a variety of specialized intravenous or injectable pharmacological treatments;
- Provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling, health teaching, and reporting any adverse events to immediate supervisor or required stakeholders;
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and provincial body standards;
- Provide patient centered care according to the established care plan or medical directive;
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been demonstrated and completed;
- Observe and document client conditions;
- Acts as a resource to other Infusion Nurses by providing support and direction as needed;
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices;
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities;
- Adheres to Bayshore policies and procedures;
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System;
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns;
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information;
- Completes other tasks as requested.
- Graduated from an accredited nursing education program with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or equivalent;
- Current registration and in good standing with provincial nursing regulatory body
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification;
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is an asset.
- Experience in acute care and/or with administering specialty pharmaceuticals;
- Experience with home care is an asset;
- Critical care (e.g., ER or ICU), infusion clinic, or oncology experience is preferred;
- Exceptional peripheral IV initiation skills;
- Experience with central lines (IVAD, PICC, etc.) is an asset;
- Exceptional client assessment skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to manage relationships with exceptional customer service;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations;
- Able to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks;
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care;
- Able to transcribe physician’s orders;
- Valid drivers license.