Lineman Telecom Jobs Vacancy in Quanta Telecom Canada Coquitlam
Quanta Telecom Canada Coquitlam urgently required following position for Lineman Telecom. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lineman Telecom Jobs Vacancy in Quanta Telecom Canada Coquitlam Jobs Details:
- Install, and maintain copper and fiber cabling and associated components.
- Relocation, replacement, and repairs of underground cable.
- Utilize bucket trucks, enter crawl spaces, use ladders, tunnels, and trenches to access various installation and construction points as required.
- Assist in pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in installing OSP cable
- Pull coax, copper and fiber cables through existing duct package, pull cable through conduit either manually, blowing, or mechanically.
- Close a project by completing daily production sheets.
- Provide and update manager on details of work completed.
- Prepare time sheets and reporting
- Liaise with internal and external crews and companies to facilitate work plans.
- Work in, on and around customer’s property while following company policies and maintaining the highest level of professionalism towards any customer and their property.
2-3 or more years’ experience in Telecommunications Construction. High School Diploma or GED. Knowledge of transmission, and operation of telecommunications systems. Must have a valid driver’s license.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have mechanical and analytical ability.
- Must be able to do fine, precise work with their hands.
- Must be willing and able to work on bridges, towers or other fixtures at a height of 20 meters or more above the ground or water level.
- Must be willing and able to work in confined spaces.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Proficient in new build, fiber installation, road widening, and pole transfers.
- Knowledge in building strand, lashing/over lashing, pole transfers, vertical grounds, and building and repairing aerial telecommunication transmission lines.
- Must be able to operate hand and power tools, and test equipment.
- Must be able to understand and effectively perform work in accordance with published work plans.
- Must be willing and able to work in locations that preclude your ability to return home, on an as required basis.
- Ability to manage a physically demanding workload.
- Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
- Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Must meet applicable testing requirements
QTC offers a competitive benefits program for all its employees, including weekly pay, direct deposit, company-paid health and dental, and MSP premiums, as well as a company matched RRSP.