Communications Advisor Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto
City Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Communications Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Advisor Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
- Researches, develops and implements communications plans and strategies for corporate or divisional initiatives and recommends policies/procedures.
- Conducts research into assigned area, taking into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Delivers effective internal communications, fostering employee engagement in collaboration with City leaders and internal stakeholders, in addition to external communications, marketing and promotions.
- Provides strategic communications support including the development of key messages, identifying target audiences and strategic timing of initiatives in collaboration with senior management, key stakeholders and elected officials.
- Writes, edits, proofreads and approves content and design of communications products in a variety of forms such as briefing notes, news releases, brochures, videos, podcasts, posters, advertisements (design, placement and buying), websites/pages, social media, internal and external newsletters and speaking notes within timeframes and budget requirements.
- Monitors and advises on emerging issues that can affect the City’s brand and the achievement of its goals, providing support in rapid response situations if applicable.
- Develops and coordinates large-scale communications strategies in support of programs/projects/public relations campaigns from conception to completion, ensuring that budgets and deadlines are met. Confers with or coordinates project teams of staff, as required, from various units, divisions, agencies or commissions.
- Manages the production of communication products provided by partners (design, photo, video, web and contracted external service providers), understanding technical specifications.
- Recommends, establishes and helps to maintain the integrity of the organization’s communications standards. Collaborates, advises and shares expertise and best practices with strategic and other divisional communication professionals.
- Responds to media and other requests for information on City programs and services and provides communications support when events, incidents or emergencies take place after business hours and on weekends as directed.
- Contributes positively and enthusiastically to the goals of the division and promotes a professional and well-respected communications service.
- Considerable experience developing communications strategies and plans and creating, implementing and coordinating multimedia communications programs.
- Considerable experience in professional communications techniques and practices, including strategic planning and materials development.
- Well-developed human and public relations skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively with all management levels.
- Proven ability to liaise with, give direction to and approve the work of suppliers of creative services such as advertising, design, media buying and photography.
- Superior oral and written communication skills along with proven and excellent writing and editing skills for all media and audiences.
- Knowledge of web content management tools and processes.
- Knowledge of the techniques of diversity outreach including ethnic media, community organizations and cultural sensitivities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage assignments and workload under tight timelines and competing deadlines.
- Post secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function (communications, marketing, public relations, journalism) or an approved combination of education and experience.
- Considerable work experience in a combination of marketing, public relations, media relations, public education and social media engagement.
- A team player, with a passion for serving the City of Toronto.