Part Time Audio Visual Technician Jobs Vacancy in Town Ajax Ajax
Town Ajax Ajax urgently required following position for Part Time Audio Visual Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Time Audio Visual Technician Jobs Vacancy in Town Ajax Ajax Jobs Details:
The Town of Ajax, situated on the northern shore of Lake Ontario, is an innovative municipal sector leader that provides a variety of services to one of the fastest growing communities in Ontario. With over 119,000 residents, Ajax's rich heritage and culturally diverse community make it a great place to work and live.
Great People, Great Culture!
While embracing change, the employees of the Town of Ajax will meet the challenges of the future and be seen as innovative public sector leaders. As a team of valued employees, taking pride and ownership in all that we do, we will exceed expectations and strive to be known as the Town that thinks like a business and acts with a strong sense of community.
Part-time Audio Visual Technician
Reporting to the Cultural Programmer, the Audio Visual Technician will be responsible for setup, operation, and takedown of audiovisual equipment while building relationships and providing outstanding customer services to internal and external customers.
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders, through the operation of, and technical support for live and electronic presentation equipment systems, ensuring all permit holders’ sound, light and audio-visual requirements have been met.
- Meet with Town staff, user groups and contracted performers, as required, to review sound, light and audio-visual requirements and customer’s specifications.
- Report any equipment malfunctions, deficiencies, damage or loss immediately to the Cultural Programmer.
- Recommend operational policies and procedures for the use and development of sound, light and audio-visual equipment.
- Provide recommendations to customers on set-up and use of audio-visual equipment based on their desired requirements.
- Changing of light gels using a single-man hydraulic lift, as per the Town’s needs.
- Formal education, training and demonstrated experience in Sound, Light and Audio-Visual Equipment operation.
- Formal training and/or demonstrated experience in theatre technical production, technical scripting & cues, sound mixing, film projection, staging, light plotting, and/or special effects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiarity with operating SoundCraft GB4 sound board, Element light board, and Panasonic DLP Projector is an asset.
- Experience is using a single man hydraulic lift and working at heights of approximately 30 feet. Proof of certification required.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with staff, general public, user groups, and the Town.
- Availability/flexibility to work shifts and irregular hours including evenings/weekends and weekday daytime meetings.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR C
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Applicants must provide a valid email address for communication purposes (one that you check on a regular basis). If your email address changes, please update your profile with your new email address.
The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. As a best practice employer, the Town embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training and providing positive spaces. The Town encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation you may require during the process.