Process Engineer Welland Ontario Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Welland
General Electric Welland urgently required following position for Process Engineer Welland Ontario. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Process Engineer Welland Ontario Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Welland Jobs Details:
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Canada works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. This is your chance to become a part of a company internationally known for its reputation as an innovative industry leader that will invest in your success and growth. GE has been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2018. Join GE Canada and help us make a real difference creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come. For more information visit our website at www.ge.com/ca and follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/GE_Canada and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/GECanada.
GE’s power generation business has the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines in the world with more than 7,400 turbines operating in 112 countries, and a manufacturing footprint in the Americas, Europe, and Asia to serve its global customers. The portfolio includes gas turbines, gas engines, steam turbines, generators, HRSGs, controls and more.
As a key member of the manufacturing engineering team, you are responsible for overall efficient and safe operation of production equipment within a process area, while maintaining the highest standards of quality output.
- Respond to production, quality and EHS concerns, leading the cross-functional team through effective problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making.
- Lead training and qualification of Operators, according to well-established training program.
- Develop, maintain and/or improve documentation used for production activities.
- Identify and execute process improvement initiatives to improve productivity, quality and safety.
- Work within autonomous teams of manufacturing technicians to ensure business operational objectives are met.
- Plan and develop maintenance requirements for equipment.
- Work with engineering department to bring product introductions to floor, developing procedures to assemble and build these products.
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Degree or Technologist Diploma in related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience working with automated production equipment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Statistical Process Control tools and principles to drive process improvement initiatives.
- Comfortable with common MS Office software applications.
- Read and Understand technical drawings.
- Experience with programming of automated production equipment and design of equipment control systems (PLC hardware, field I/O selection, etc.)
- Working knowledge of resistance welding.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience with AutoCAD (or similar design software).
- Experience with Oracle.
- Ability to facilitate and lead autonomous work teams.
Locations: Canada; Ontario; Welland
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.