Accounts Payable Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Children Aid Society Toronto Toronto
Children Aid Society Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Accounts Payable Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounts Payable Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Children Aid Society Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
If you are looking to join an organization which offers a meaningful JOB OPPORTUNITY then CAST is the place for you!
The Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CAST) is proud of their long history of leadership in protecting children and their commitment to the provision of quality service to children and their families. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of children, we have an opportunity for you. Work in the heart of the city at Yonge and Bloor with excellent remuneration, benefits and vacation entitlements. Come join us and be part of our team and work for one of the city’s Top Employers.
The following opportunity is available for up to six (6) months and applications are invited:
Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Posting: JP#18-011
Salary: $46,682 - $52,509
Primarily responsible for processing purchase orders and vendor invoices on a timely basis
- Performs three-way matching, ensures proper payment authorization.
- Codes, enters, validates and ensures accuracy of Society expenses prior to entering in Oracle system. Prepares batches for payments.
- Requests and confirms stop-payments from the bank and issue replacement payment when required. Orders and picks up bank drafts as necessary.
- Responds to payment inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepares various payable reports such as but not limited to vendor history.
- Performs other duties and back-up as required.
- Acts in accordance with and incorporates Society's Code of Ethics, Confidentiality, Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism, Harassment & Discrimination policies, etc.
- Uses sound judgment in consideration of financial resources.
- Complies with Society’s financial policies and procedures.
- Works in a safe manner in accordance with the Society’s health and safety policies and procedures and all relevant legislation.
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one year relevant working experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle large volume of work while maintaining a high level of accuracy and to meet strict deadlines
- Developed interpersonal, customer service skills to work cooperatively with staff
- Effective communication skills in the use of email, telephone and interpersonal interactions
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook & Access), database software and accounting applications would be an asset.
THIS POSITION IS WITHIN THE BARGAINING UNIT
Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism at CAST
CAST is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the City of Toronto and strongly encourages application from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
Accommodation at CAST
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-924-4640 x2300. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Apply directly on our website at www.torontocas.ca under the Careers section by FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2018 .
If you cannot apply on our website, applications can be faxed (416-324-2400), or mailed (30 Isabella Street, 5th Floor) to the attention of Human Resources, clearly indicating the Job Posting Number: _ JP#18-011 _ .
Please note: applications received after the deadline date will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Temporary
- Accounts Payable: 1 year
- High school or equivalent