Grants Officer One Year Contract Jobs Vacancy in The Law Foundation Ontario Toronto
The Law Foundation Ontario Toronto urgently required following position for Grants Officer One Year Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Grants Officer One Year Contract Jobs Vacancy in The Law Foundation Ontario Toronto Jobs Details:
The Law Foundation of Ontario (the Foundation) is a progressive, thriving grantmaker, established under the Law Society Act, that makes grants to organizations to increase access to justice. More information on the Foundation can be found on its website at www.lawfoundation.on.ca.
The LFO seeks an energetic, diplomatic person to fill the full-time position of Grants Officer, on a one-year contract, who will be responsible for:
- Participating in developing LFO granting programs including objectives, areas of focus, processes, assessment criteria, communications and evaluation approaches
- Participating in consulting, and establishing partnerships, with justice, community and philanthropic organizations on both a provincial and national level
- Providing advice to applicants on the LFO’s mandate and grant program requirements, and on the development of suitable applications
- Assessing grant applications and making recommendations to the LFO’s Board of Trustees
- Consulting with expert advisors as needed
- Ensuring the integrity of grants records and databases
- Compliance monitoring of approved grants and supporting grantees as needed or requested
- Establishing strong relations with grantees
- The successful candidate will have meaningful experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of the justice sector
- Access to justice, including frontline experience serving those with legal needs, relevant policy or program develop experience, and / or academic work in the area
- Nonprofit sector, including working in nonprofits, participating in the governance of nonprofits, and / or volunteering in nonprofits
- Foundation sector, including working at a Foundation, supporting and / or making grant and funding decisions, monitoring and evaluating grants and grant programs.
- Superior writing and analytic skills
- Success in fostering positive relationships with many different individuals, audiences, communities, and stakeholders
- Excellent desktop computer skills, including familiarity with database programs
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to successful outcomes
- A reputation for taking initiative and for innovation
- Experience in policy and program development would be an asset
- Knowledge of French would be an asset
- Minimum requirement of a post-secondary degree
The Foundation encourages a work environment that promotes equity and diversity and prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment. We are committed to making sure that our recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and other personnel activities are fair and equitable. We consider employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit and actively promoting equity for all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation.
We accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No inquiries, please.