Class Teacher Jobs Vacancy in Waldorf Independent School Edmonton Edmonton
Waldorf Independent School Edmonton Edmonton urgently required following position for Class Teacher. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Class Teacher Jobs Vacancy in Waldorf Independent School Edmonton Edmonton Jobs Details:
Founded in 2010, the Waldorf Independent School of Edmonton (WISE) is a solidly established and yet growing school that fosters an environment where the whole child is nourished and taught in a screen-free classroom setting. The school is supported by a caring group of parents and teachers, serving children from kindergarten to grade 8. The individual filling this position will have the opportunity to guide grades 4, 6, 7, and 8 through a developmentally appropriate Waldorf curriculum, fostering healthy relationships and a spirit of service to others. The individual must be passionate about, and interested in learning and implementing Waldorf pedagogy. Applicants with a love of practical and applied Math and Language arts, fine arts, nature studies, as well as a Physical Education background are ideal for this position. In-house mentoring is also provided. We invite you to bring your talent, ideas, energy and enthusiasm to help us prepare children for the opportunities and challenges of their future. Funds and bursaries are available to facilitate Waldorf summer training.
- Must have a Bachelor of Education Degree.
- Must have an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
- Nurturing personality.
- Artistically and musically inclined.
- Committed to on-going personal and professional development.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task with confidence.
- Excellent classroom management skills.
- Creativity and independence in lesson planning skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Waldorf Teacher Certification is preferred (or willingness to obtain it) but not a must for the ideal candidate.
- Teaching experience in math, art, and sciences is preferred.
- The starting salary is $31,350.00- $35,750.00 (as per 0.55FTE) per year and commensurate with experience and additional training.
- Waldorf Summer Training subsidy for teacher certification and curriculum training available to faculty.
- Priority enrolment to children of faculty members.
- Employees working .6 FTE or greater are eligible for the WESE Comprehensive Employee Health Benefits Program.
- Regular school year, from Sept. to June.
- Class size no larger than 24 students.
- Position could lead to full time employment for the suitable applicant in the upcoming 2018/2019 academic year.
- Providing thrice-yearly student reports.
- Attendance to faculty meetings, school events, seasonal fairs, committees and in-service training.
- Ensure that all Equivalent Learning Outcome documentation is up to date as required by Alberta Education.
*All new employees are subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Qualified and interested candidates: Please apply with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To ApplyPlease contact the WISE office