Ambulance Communications Officer Irregularly Scheduled Call Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Health And Long Term Care Barrie
- Ambulance Communications Officer Irregularly Scheduled Call
- Ministry Health And Long Term Care
- Barrie ON
- 09 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Ministry Health And Long Term Care Barrie urgently required following position for Ambulance Communications Officer Irregularly Scheduled Call. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ambulance Communications Officer Irregularly Scheduled Call Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Health And Long Term Care Barrie Jobs Details:
Consider this challenging opportunity with the Emergency Health Program Management and Delivery Branch, Georgian Ambulance Communication Centre. This position is available for dedicated individuals to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment.
Those who apply for Ambulance Communications Officer positions and successfully complete the screening of their applications, testing and interview processes may be offered a position with the dispatch centre. As a dispatch centre employee, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care will provide a comprehensive six-week entry-to-practice core training program in land ambulance dispatching at an assigned dispatch training facility operated by the ministry. During the core training, you are a paid Central Ambulance Communications Centre staff member and costs relating to the core training, including travel and accommodation for training outside your area, are paid for by the ministry.
Following successful completion of the core training program, graduates must then successfully complete the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care's Ambulance Communications Officer certification examination and return to their dispatch centre under a local training and coaching program to complete the training.
Job offers are conditional upon a satisfactory criminal record check, obtaining valid standard first aid and targeted responder CPR certifications within 30 days of employment and successful completion of computer operations education as a pre-requisite to attending core training. Successful completion of core training includes obtaining a Restricted Radio Operator's certification. This is followed by Ambulance Communications Officer certification and local on-the-job training.
What can I expect to do in this role? You will:
- Process 9-1-1 emergency and non-emergency requests for ambulance service.
- Direct ambulance movements.
- Provide pre-arrival instructions.
- Communicate with individuals under stress.
- Operate complex computer-aided telecommunications equipment.
How do I qualify? MANDATORY: Job offer conditional upon:
- Satisfactory criminal record check.
- Typing skills at 35 w.p.m. with 90% accuracy.
- Valid standard first-aid and targeted responder CPR certificate.
- Successful completion of Ambulance Communications Officer provincial certification, Restricted Radio Operator certification.
- Successful completion of on-the-job training.
MULTI-TASKING AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS:
- Proven multi-tasking skills and the ability to coordinate a variety of activities.
- Demonstrated organizational and memory recall skills.
- Ability to maintain control under pressure and use professional judgment.
ANALYTICAL AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS:
- Strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and information.
- Proven ability to handle situations in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in computer software and computer based telecommunications applications.
- Understanding of spatial concepts and can read maps, calculate time, distance and movement.
Additional Information: Address:
- 3 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 102 Commerce Park Dr, Barrie, Central Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.