Project Product Manager Jobs Vacancy in Crowdlinker Toronto
Crowdlinker Toronto urgently required following position for Project Product Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Product Manager Jobs Vacancy in Crowdlinker Toronto Jobs Details:
Crowdlinker is seeking an empathetic, passionate, hard working and organized Agile Product/Project Manager to manage software development projects for our clients and take ownership of software products from idea to implementation. This position suits someone who has a high level of ambition and is looking to establish or advance their career. You will do well if you are a natural communicator who can manage client relationships from start to finish, and be able to make informed, and sometimes difficult decisions.
In addition, we are seeking someone who can manage a high level of fluctuation in day to day activities and someone who can multitask effectively (by this we mean, prioritize your work so that it all gets done, not try to do it all at the same time).
Crowdlinker is a full-service digital agency, specializing in the design and development of web and mobile applications, as well as SEO and Digital Marketing. We work on cutting-edge digital projects for our clients which include some of the hottest startups, as well as established corporations and Fortune 500 companies.
Crowdlinker is recognized as a leader in the local tech community, having just celebrated its 5 year anniversary. We are a 20-person company and are well funded, having raised $1 million to-date. We are growing quickly, which means there are always new and exciting challenges at Crowdlinker, with the opportunity for rapid advancement.
This is the exact opposite of a slow, boring enterprise job. We are looking for someone who is comfortable taking risks and solving burning problems. We embrace change, see challenges as opportunities and focus on solutions. We do offer great pay, benefits and potential stock options, but we won’t hire someone “just looking for a paycheck”. We hire people who want to build a career. We are confident that you will learn more and advance your career further by working with Crowdlinker and our many varied clients. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the client champion! You are their representative within our walls and their point of contact. Know their business, know what they need and collaborate with them to determine product roadmap and strategy
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, while also developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Spearhead client engagement, organizing weekly checkpoint meetings, updating on status/progress, requirements gathering and being the PM they never had.
- Make tough decisions and prioritize client needs according to a variety of factors, such as budget, capacity, velocity, constraints etc.
- Lead local developers and designers to execute project deliverables. Organize collective work efforts, creating and allocating stories, managing backlogs, facilitating scrum and sprint review sessions, and helping the team meet their goals
- Manage multiple projects at a time. You need to be able to switch your attention frequently sometimes
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Qualifications and Skills
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven working experience as a project manager and/or product manager in the software development industry.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organizational skills. Don't mistake this for organizing your emails and calendar, we are talking about being able to effectively curate all the information you need and record it, while in the middle of a busy day. This position is fast paced, and we are looking for an individual that can think on their feet, prioritize what needs to be done, and develop their own system for making sure that things don't "fall through the cracks".
- Empathy and passion. We need people who truly care about the client and their project. You think about your work when you are on the subway home, you wonder why the client did "X" instead of "Y", you imagine what it is like to be in their shoes, with the people they have to answer to, with the deadlines they have, with the decisions they have to make etc, and ask yourself how you can make Crowdlinker that partner they tell everyone about
- You have a strong vision. We are a product studio, we own all our work. We do not just take requirements and spit out website, we think it through and create living breathing software products that drive business. You need to be confident enough to at least try and think through a solution that the client doesn't even know they need
- You are detail oriented. You won't let budgets and timelines get away from you. When someone asks the status of a project, you know it without having to go check
- You are a natural leader. We need someone who can confidently ensure that designers and developers are doing what needs to be done, and not what they want to do. You need to be able to work with ego's, pride, and be able to be a leader while at all times remaining humble and remembering that you work for the team, the team does not work for you
Nice to Have
- UX Design background
- Software development experience
If any of the above scares you, that's good, it shows you appreciate what we are looking for. You don't need to be a master coming in, we will train you, but you do need to be confident that within a reasonably short amount of time the above is just another day for you.
Perks & Benefits
- Learn and implement the latest and greatest tools and techniques in the industry. Learn from experienced peers and receive up to $10k to take relevant courses.
- Grow your career faster by working on a variety of client projects throughout the year.
- Competitive compensation, as well as the potential for stock in the company and revenue sharing.
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan, which includes $800 per practitioner (e.g. massage therapy, physiotherapy, orthotics, acupuncture, etc...)
- Downtown office in trendy King West area at 548 King Street West.
- Flexible hours with an option to work from home once a week.
- Optional company GoodLife gym membership.
- Optional computer hardware.
- Optional company mobile hardware and phone plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Management: 1 year
- Toronto, ON