Superintendent Maintenance Shift Jobs Vacancy in Canada Post Montréal
Canada Post Montréal urgently required following position for Superintendent Maintenance Shift. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Superintendent Maintenance Shift Jobs Vacancy in Canada Post Montréal Jobs Details:
Job Requisition Id: 2329
Business Function: Engineering
Number of Vacancies 2
Job Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 25/02/2018
Discover your future
There’s much more to a fun and exciting work life at Canada Post than a good job with a great company. We’ll help you achieve your full potential. You’ll find opportunities to develop and expand your career, chances to try out new jobs in different areas of the company, or even a complete change of career path.
Canada Post is committed to providing innovative physical and electronic delivery solutions that create value for our customers, employees and all Canadians. The Superintendent Maintenance, Shift, leads a team of Canada Post technicians and specialists accountable for maintaining mail handling and processing equipment in optimal condition and operating to approved standards to meet operational and legislated requirements.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Superintendent Maintenance, Shift.
- Coordinates implementation of all maintenance programs for mail processing and handling equipment so that the equipment meets set performance standards (KPI) and legislated requirements.
- Achieves optimum equipment performance through the execution of preventative maintenance programs to meet maintenance plans, schedules and standards.
- Liaises with the Superintendent Maintenance, Scheduling to make adjustments to the schedule, provides feedback regarding work completed/not completed. Performs scheduling and planning (corrective work) duties as required.
- Oversees the execution of corrective and breakdown maintenance activities to ensure they are carried out safely, correctly, and efficiently in order to maximize equipment availability.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment by providing appropriate training, documentation, personal protective equipment, tools and established procedures. Ensures safety is at the forefront of all work practices and encourages ideas and initiative among team members.
- Assigns qualified employees to effectively execute programs and repairs. Carries out the full range of staff management functions at the first management level.
- Ensures that labour and material resources are adequate to execute maintenance programs and repairs. Provides up to date technical reference material for the use of plant maintenance staff. Ensures, through succession planning and training, a continuing development of competent staff.
- Ensures that work orders, logs and other documentation are complete, accurate and submitted as per policy.
- Provides technical support to implement and monitor approved projects.
- Manages maintenance and support contracts with external contractors. Interfaces between Canada Post and facilities management. In some locations manages contracted building services.
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant functional experience.
- One or more years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent technical knowledge and a commitment to safety and quality.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, conflict resolution, relationship management, coaching and teamwork skills.
Must be available to work evenings, nights and weekends
A moderate amount of travel required.
Bilingual oral intermediate level
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.