Relationship Manager Avp Commercial Real Estate Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Toronto
Hsbc Toronto urgently required following position for Relationship Manager Avp Commercial Real Estate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Relationship Manager Avp Commercial Real Estate Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Toronto Jobs Details:
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Commercial Banking
HSBC Commercial Banking operates in 54 countries and territories, covering the developed and developing markets that matter most to our customers. Through our teams we connect businesses to opportunities, helping them thrive and grow. We work with a wide range of customers, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals, providing them with the tools they need to function efficiently. These include trade and receivables finance, global liquidity and cash management, multi-currency accounts, commercial cards, overdrafts, working capital finance, insurance, term loans and syndicated, leveraged, acquisition and project finance.
A Day in the Life of a Sr. Relationship Manager/AVP- Commercial Real Estate
includes the following:
The role is required to originate real estate term and construction lending opportunities within a Corporate Commercial Real Estate team. The role is one of a “transactor team” in that they pull together the entire transaction and work alongside the team and bring in the specialist knowledge to structure a complex transaction. Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the strategic execution of vision by focusing on costs & operational efficiency, deepening our wallet and leveraging our expertise in specialized finance with selective and careful investment in high value segments & a sharper focus on working the sponsor and management relationships to capture all ancillary opportunities. In addition the role is required to develop a small team of analysts who will support this role.
Impact on the Business
- Meet regularly with customers/prospects to assess financial needs, condition, and opportunities/risks facing the customer business and work with team to ensure they do the same in relation to the transaction
- Ensure portfolio pricing is generating appropriate return on RWAs both at a customer and portfolio level
- Work closely with the team to structure robust credit facilities for the transaction
- Ensure that robust credit structures are in place that will secure and protect the bank while meeting with the customer’s needs. Identify and strengthen weak structures.
- To ensure delivery of the team’s financial plan, deliver best in class customer experience in line with the Corporate strategy.
- To engage/support closely with the team to identify complex deals.
- To provide practical coaching, advice and guidance to the team to ensure that they have strong credit skills.
- Manage internal and external regulatory and operational requirements.
- Identify and mitigate risks or potential risks to HSBC, including but not limited to credit, fraud, operational, and reputational risk
Customers / Stakeholders
- Exercise full relationship management strategy on a portfolio of large relationship
- Manage analyst and work closely to ensure that business opportunities are identified.
- Cooperate with Products and other Global Businesses to capture as much business as possible
- Ensure that analysts work closely with RM teams.
- Significant interaction with Executive Management within CMB, across the country
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide visible and motivational leadership
- Take a hands-on approach to coaching, ensuring development activities are a high priority with regular & productive use of Personal Development Plans with appropriate follow up, setting a personal example.
- Fully commit to develop a strategically aware mindset of the team.
- Promote a collective and inclusive culture to spread experience & best practice.
- Ensure development activities are a core priority
- Coordinate/participate/pull product partners into the relationship to ensure appropriate coverage by product partners and alignment to agreed account objectives.
- Provide active feedback to seniors on process, operations, risks etc and how these can be changed to secure the customer and the bank.
- Work closely with team to structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests while remaining within the bounds of prudent banking.
- Ensure that the team complete timely and in depth analysis/evaluations of reviews of customer financials and operating risks for all relationships in the portfolio
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To continually manage and reassess the operational and compliance risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Monitor the consistent application of Group policy and manage all regulatory, financial and legal risks in the region.
- Driving efficient, accurate and timely processing of client requests and transactions
- Driving all internal review and/or external regulators’ requirements to ensure they are dealt with dealt with in an accurate and timely manner
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
- Growing sustainable income in a careful, considered and thoughtful manner whilst complying with the Bank’s risk appetite statement and building a balanced portfolio of risk and non-risk product revenues.
- Driving and demonstrating effective client interaction at main board room levels
- The role holder will be required to deal with sophisticated financial solutions and varying financial needs and credit risks of clients engaged in event driven transactions. Therefore the role holder must have a broad knowledge in business operations and banking services but in-depth knowledge of complex credit structures, Treasury and GB (Global Banking) products as the role holder must gain the confidence of the customers’ decision makers so they are regarded as a key first point of senior contact.
- Cross border servicing is expected to be high with a view to connecting the client across the group is key. Keeping the client engaged is a major challenge.
- Interacting/engaging with product partners at all times is key to ensure that clients have the appropriate products and cross sell is at its maximum.
- The role holder will be expected to have wide connections within and outside of
- HSBC to maximize business development opportunities.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder/s will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder (Director) will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance
- Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years general banking experience in an executive position with exposure in sales, commercial
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in managing commercial relationships
- Strong understanding of all commercial banking products & services, credit assessment processes, approvals, etc
- Strong working knowledge of complex transactions and credit structures
- Robust understanding in all banking products, especially GM, GB,PCM,Trade,
- Private Banking, Insurance, and wealth management products
- Good commercial lending, risk assessment experience
- Wide personal connections both internally and externally
- Excellent level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues • Ability to interact with business customers at a senior and strategic level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Business related degree and regulated sales qualification (as relevant to each market)
- Knowledge of CMB’s international proposition / product capabilities.
- Broad knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities to network and build global relationships
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.