Fund Administrator Hedge Funds Jobs Vacancy in Maitland Halifax
Maitland Halifax urgently required following position for Fund Administrator Hedge Funds. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Fund Administrator Hedge Funds Jobs Vacancy in Maitland Halifax Jobs Details:
Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 17 offices in 12 jurisdictions 1,100 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-in-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complextity and deliver simplicity.
Summary of the position
The Fund Administrator – Hedge Funds will provide administration support to the Transfer Agency team, handling investor communication and ensuring all investor related transactions are in compliance with anti-money laundering requirements.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Fund Administrator will be expected to:
- Communicate with Fund managers, Investors and Service Providers;
- Process investor transactions (subscriptions agreements, redemption and firms transfer requests);
- Collect and maintain investor AML KYC documentation;
- Enter and maintain contact information for new and additional investors within the firm's transfer agency system;
- Track and deposit funds received for investment;
- Maintain and review all paperwork received in the funding process; request outstanding documents from the investor as necessary;
- Create investor records for new subscriptions, redemptions and transfers;
- Scan all documents for digital storage if not received in digital format;
- Handle investor service inquiries;
- Initiate same-day wire payments and draft checks on various banking platforms as requested by the client;
- Create wire package and check for review in accordance with internal control procedures;
- Assist the team with the preparation and distribution of investor correspondence;
- Perform daily bank reconciliations and update general ledger with daily cash activity;
- Assist the Team with other ad hoc projects, when needed;
- Report suspicious transactions to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer;
- Know and enforce fund-specific terms from the fund's offering documents;
- Communicate with fund's operators or Investment Managers for approval of transactions and waivers of terms, when needed;
- Execute wire transfers on behalf of funds for redemptions, distributions and expenses;
- Participate in mandated training sessions.
Responsibility for Risk Management:
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining controls relevant to the position.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- The successful candidate will
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or Finance;
- Experience in the Financial Services industry with exposure to Investor Relations and AML compliance;
- Fluent in the English language with excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent computer skills; Word, Excel with the ability to quickly learn other software;
- Ability to work with numbers;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- A team player with a great attitude and strong work ethic;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines, while following tasks through to completion.
The Fund Administrator – Hedge Funds will report to the Team Leader – Transfer Agency (Hedge Funds).
We are a CPA pre- approved organization and offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and seniority as well as a comprehensive benefits package, highlights include:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- 4 weeks' vacation
- Training and development opportunities