Dental Receptionist Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Stonehaven Dentistry Mississauga
Stonehaven Dentistry Mississauga urgently required following position for Dental Receptionist Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Dental Receptionist Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Stonehaven Dentistry Mississauga Jobs Details:
To free up the time of the Dentist and Hygienist for essential income earning actions and
to prolong the longevity of the Dentist and clinical staff by protecting against overload.
Also to assist the dentist at the chair as the need arises.
To assist in the expansion of the practice.
The receptionist reports directly to the owners.
Happy, healthy patients who schedule per the treatment plan of the doctor and adhere
to their schedules.
Stress-free providers delivering high quality dentistry per the doctor’s treatment plans.
Pull all patient charts for the day and have them ready for the Doctor and hygienists.
- Greet all patients and make them feel at ease.
- Get all new patients to complete the necessary forms and charts.
- Explain the payment options available and establish how the patient is going to pay.
- Collect payment for the services just rendered or ensure that the patient has made payment arrangements.
- Draw every new patient’s attention to the cancellation policy.
- Update the day sheet after each patient is seen and total it daily.
- Get each patient to take a business card and ask them for referrals.
- Answer the phones and take messages unless specifically instructed by the Doctor to put the call through. The Doctor will deal with the calls when his time permits. All messages should be put on the desk in his office.
- Open all envelopes with cheques, update the ledger and then put them on the doctor's desk. Distribute the remainder of the mail.
- Keep the reception area clean and tidy.
- Update the accounts ledger daily and keep it current.
- Send out the Accounts Receivable statements.
- Follow-up on collections with patients and insurance companies as necessary. This involves both phone calls and letters.
- Type all correspondence for the practice.
- Order and administer all office supplies for the practice.
- File all patient charts after they have been discharged.
- If the Hygienist has not pre-appointed her patient before dismissal, reschedule the patient after he has seen the hygienist in accordance with the hygienist’s instructions. Be sure that the patient is fully informed of the importance of agreeing to a time that he can and will keep. Impress upon him the fact that the hygienist is setting aside time for him and him alone so he MUST show up.
- Provide the patient with basic educational data concerning care of his teeth and gums.
- Enter all monthly ortho charges including providing necessary statements to insurance companies or patients
- Enter new insurance companies information into the computer.
- Enter new dental codes into the computer.
- Print out the weekly A/R reports.
- Print out the monthly A/R report - over 90 days.
- Run the confirmation list for upcoming week to check for outstanding balances.
- Contact insurance companies concerning all EDI claims for hygiene.
Qualifications and Skills
Experience with dental reception
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $21.00 /hour