Data Analyst Visa Consulting Analytics Jobs Vacancy in Visa Toronto
Visa Toronto urgently required following position for Data Analyst Visa Consulting Analytics. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Analyst Visa Consulting Analytics Jobs Vacancy in Visa Toronto Jobs Details:
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results.
The Canadian Visa Consulting & Analytics team sits within the North American regional consulting practice and provides a comprehensive range of advisory consulting services and advanced solutions that address unique challenges across four key practice areas: strategic growth, profit improvement, risk management and digital strategy.
We are looking for an individual to join our Canadian consulting practice. The main focus of this position is to design and develop analytical solutions for Visa’s Canadian clients to solve complex business problems and present key findings to internal and external partners.
This Analyst will be part of the Canadian Visa Consulting & Analytics team, and will be accountable for solving unusual and complex problems with tangible impact on internal and external stakeholders. The individual must be able to think outside the box, analyze information to bring out actionable insights, identify and prioritize actions. Written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Work with project managers and clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic projects and solutions, bringing in and testing innovative ideas for out-of-box solutions
- Execute analytic projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
- Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
- Provide analytical assistance and solution to both interior and exterior clients
- Find opportunities to build and automate repeatable analyses
- You will identify and surface opportunities for client projects and submit for inclusion into account plans
- Craft, develop and maintain models, contribute to IP creation and standardized Visa Consulting & Analytics offerings
- Continuously build knowledge, surface new insights and produce thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development and global standard methodology
Business Skills and General Qualities:
- You should have solid business sense to orient data analysis and solutions to business needs of clients
- Have a strong desire and unyielding mindset to tackle the hardest data problems
- Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
- Proven intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to details
- Team oriented, high-energy, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
- Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
- We are seeking a high level of competence in Python, Spark/Scala, and Unix/Linux scripts.
- Extensive experience with SQL for extracting and aggregating data
- Real world experience using Hadoop and the related query engines (Hive / Impala)
- Experience with data mining and statistical modeling such as regression, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc. is required
- Proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is highly desirable
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau or other programs
Education and Experience:
- Four-year university degree required; Master’s degree preferred in quantitative field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or related quantitative field.
- Do you have 3-4 years of experience applying statistical solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, or other data-driven functions?
- Analytics experience in credit cards, financial services, or merchant analytics (such as retail, hotels or airlines) is helpful but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.