System Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Strategic Mapping Toronto
Strategic Mapping Toronto urgently required following position for System Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
System Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Strategic Mapping Toronto Jobs Details:
Here’s your chance to join a North American leading provider of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). We are expanding our dynamic team based in Toronto, Ontario and are looking for a qualified individual to join our merry band of transportation technologists who are making the world a better place by providing transit agencies and passengers with the technology to get people home on time! Excelling with us means being motivated from within, working well with others and being passionate about what you do and why you do it.
We are seeking an individual to manage and handle IT responsibilities as a System Administrator . The ideal candidate will provide ongoing support for our IT infrastructure including servers, network, workstations and peripherals. They will have a solid understanding of IT structure and have developed and put policies/procedures in place, as well as the ability to code certain tools.
Time Allocation of Duties:
- 30% of the time working on Server Monitoring and Server Application Maintenance
- 30% of the time working on Backup Strategy (onsite and offsite) plus SQL and Source Code Maintenance
- 40% of the time working on Build Deployments, UAT, upgrading of hosted server system and automating all of these procedures
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of IT systems, including networks, servers (onsite and offsite), computers, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals
- Benchmark, analyze, report and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems
- Manage security aspects of the IT Department, including audits, vulnerability tests, compliance data gathering and other security related tasks as appropriate
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards and purchasing
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives regarding pertinent IT activities
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or degree
- Minimum 3 years experience as a System Administrator
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, must be able to work with all levels of employees
- Strong ability to think outside of the box and solve problems/ issues/ challenges quickly
- Advanced oral and written skills, must be able to present in technical and non-technical language
- Knowledge of web page design and implementation, graphics and social media programs a plus
- Microsoft certification a plus