Volunteer Program Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Parkinson Canada Toronto
Parkinson Canada Toronto urgently required following position for Volunteer Program Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Volunteer Program Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Parkinson Canada Toronto Jobs Details:
Parkinson Canada is the voice of Canadians living with Parkinson’s disease. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Volunteer Program Coordinator is responsible for developing tools, processes, resources and evaluation mechanisms to be used by staff that supervise and / or work with volunteers with the goal of growing an effective Parkinson Canada’s National Volunteer Program and ensuring consistent volunteer management processes are in place in all offices.
- Define, develop and implement standardized volunteer processes, resources, tools and procedures to be made available to staff in the areas of volunteer recruitment and selection, engagement, training and development, and administration;
- Develop tools/mechanisms to evaluate the volunteer program against defined program goals;
- Develop and implement a training program for staff to ensure consistency in the implementation of the volunteer processes, resources, tools and procedures factoring in legislation and / or program goals. Train staff as required;
- Assist in the development and coordination of the national volunteer awards and recognition program by providing templates and recognition ideas, and developing formal and informal volunteer recognition activities.
- College certificate in Volunteer Management is required;
- Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) or equivalent an asset;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a non-profit or charitable organization, most preferably in the field of volunteering;
- Knowledge of principles, practices, current trends and resources of volunteer management;
- Experience in developing and implementing successful volunteer recruitment/retention campaigns;
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal, which will be useful in creating handbooks, newsletters, training manuals, and other program materials as required;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational, time management skills, and ability to cope with limited resources, seize opportunities and think creatively;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, database management, spreadsheet applications, and Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software;
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation and initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset;
- Ability to travel if required.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team that makes a tremendous difference in the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s, please send your résumé in confidence, stating salary expectations by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 24th, 2018.
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9
Please quote Reference #VPC-0110-ID
Parkinson Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Parkinson Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please indicate accommodations as required if contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- non-profit: 3 years