Junior Accountant Calgary Jobs Vacancy in Leede Jones Gable Calgary
Leede Jones Gable Calgary urgently required following position for Junior Accountant Calgary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Accountant Calgary Jobs Vacancy in Leede Jones Gable Calgary Jobs Details:
Junior Accountant, Calgary
We have an immediate opening for highly motivated individual that is able to assume responsibility for the accounts payable function as well as other general accounting duties. This entry level position is located in our Calgary office.
The successful candidate will be required to perform both routine and complex tasks in a highly efficient and timely manner. The position is responsible for processing vendor invoices, reconciling bank accounts and other accounting and administrative duties.
The successful candidate will be a team player and will report to the corporate controller. A good understanding of accounting and excellent spreadsheet skills are required to master this function.
- Primary accounts payable duties include verification and coding of invoices, follow up with vendors on incorrect charges, preparation of payment by cheque, EFT or wire transfer, vendor data maintenance, communication of relevant information relevant to payroll or departments, submitting batches for approval, preparing accounting accruals at month end, and filing processed documents in an organized and timely manner.
- Process all expense reimbursements.
- Perform daily reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Create journal entries for ACCPAC general ledger and DataPhile sub-ledgers.
- Perform clerical duties including scanning, copying, and filing documents in both electronic and manual filing systems in support accounts payable and accounting function.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Provide backup (½ hour) for reception for several days in the week.
- 1 – 2 years accounts payable experience is desirable.
- Previous experience with ACCPAC accounts payable is preferred.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite, in particular Excel and Outlook.
- Exception attention to detail with the added ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Good time management skills and high productivity.
- The ability to anticipate what will be required beyond routine duties.
- The ability to stay focused and meet deadlines.
- Work with little oversight as time progresses in the role.
- Work in a professional environment and dress appropriately.
- Behavior must be business appropriate but enthusiasm and a sense of humour is appreciated.
- Interpersonal skills must be strong with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to help out when and where necessary.
Leede offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, an exceptional benefits package, as well as opportunities for training. Leede has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect.
This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.