Busniess Systems Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Maplesoft Consulting Inc Brampton
Maplesoft Consulting Inc Brampton urgently required following position for Busniess Systems Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Busniess Systems Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Maplesoft Consulting Inc Brampton Jobs Details:
Business Systems Analyst
Reporting to the Supervisor, Program Solutions, Business Systems Analyst is responsible for conducting the business systems analysis activities required to understand the structure, policies and operations of programs across various business units in order to recommend and support software/hardware solutions that enable the program to achieve its goals.
The analysis can be conducted at enterprise, program, service, process, project or functional levels. You will elicit the needs in terms of functional, non-functional or information requirements of the technology solution and manage the requirements elicitation activities from the initial stages to delivery of the technology solution.
Experience and Skillsets
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering/Business Administration
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as Business or Systems Analyst
- Aware of model driven architecture (MDA), and service-oriented architecture (SOA) and UML modeling notations
- Extensive experience in leading requirement workshops and conducting Joint Application/Analysis Design (JAD) sessions
- Expertise in all aspects of the software development life cycle along with strong organizational and presentation skills
- Practical knowledge of agile methods and traditional (waterfall) methods
- Aware of best practices in information technology service and solution delivery such as PMBOK, COBIT, ITIL with some project and vendor management skills
- Understanding of the following software development and design tools would be considered an asset: Oracle, SQL Server, XML, Toad, Erwin, DB Scripting (PL_SQL, Transact SQL), Salesforce, Crystal Reports and other similar application development tools
Nice to Have:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification from International Institute of Business Analysis would be considered an asset.
- Perform requirements management by managing requirements conflicts, issues and changes including appropriate communication between the Technology department and business units to ensure that both the stakeholders and project team remain in agreement and informed on the solution scope
- Prioritize and progressively elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements and acceptance criteria in order to enable the project team to implement a solution that will meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders
- Assist in performing production application support as needed
- Assess proposed solutions to determine which solution best fits the business need
- Conduct software assessments and cost benefit analysis to determine if proposed software meets business needs
- Identify gaps and shortcomings in solutions, and determine necessary workarounds or changes to the solution
- Document the analysis outcome using formal techniques such as workflow diagramming
- Use case analysis, process mapping and conceptual information/data modeling amongst others
- Develop/assist with the development of business cases to properly justify projects or efforts intended to bridge the gap between the business needs and an implemented solution
- Translate the functional or user requirements into system concepts and system specifications including the determination and documentation of non-functional requirements and technical constraints
- Depending on the type of approach (package purchase - custom development), you may also carry out directly or indirectly activities such as writing of technical specifications for RFPs, solution architecture and design, build, system test or technical acceptance from vendor, user manuals, technical documentation and solution deployment
- Assist with usability and solution acceptance testing to ensure agreed upon requirements are properly supported by the delivered solution, and conduct Threat Risk Assessment (TRA)
- Assist with defining and maintaining operational support models and related roles and responsibilities across the Technology, business stakeholder, and external vendor support teams as needed
Job Type: Contract
- COBIT: 3 years
- ITIL: 3 years
- Model Driven Architecture: 3 years
- Business Systems Analysis: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- CBAP - Certified Business Analysis Professional