Advisor Information Security Splunk Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Barrie
Bmo Financial Group Barrie urgently required following position for Advisor Information Security Splunk Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Advisor Information Security Splunk Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Barrie Jobs Details:
Established in 1817, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified North American financial services provider. With more than 47,000 employees, BMO provides millions of customers with a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services, through our operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking Canada; Personal and Commercial Banking U.S.; Private Client Group; and BMO Capital Markets
Please note the following:
Technology & Operations
Technology and Operations (T&O), is comprised of four main groups that together proactively enable BMO to be the bank that defines great Customer Experience. T&O operates in both Canada and the United States as well as in Asia and Europe.
- Technology organization partners with BMO’s lines of business to develop technology and IT solutions that meet our customers’ current and future needs, maximize the value of our technology investment across BMO, and enable our frontline customer service employees to provide a great customer experience. In addition, Technology’s Information Security team provides expert direction, planning and consultation on information security best practices and integrated processes. They also provide ongoing active information security leadership and management expertise to BMO.
- Product Operations supports all lines of business, providing exceptional service, fulfillment, and administrative solutions that support our customers’ personal and business financial transactions.
- Sourcing, Payables and Supplier Governance (SPSG) organization drives value for BMO by providing professional expertise to lead sourcing activities and supplier governance and the bank’s productivity initiatives as they relate to managing demand and supplier costs. SPSG is also accountable for BMO’s procurement, payables, and supplier governance technology, applications and processes.
- Corporate Real Estate manages the strategic planning and development, as well as the acquisition, sale, lease and facilities management of BMO's global real estate portfolio (including branch networks, office towers, critical facilities and BMO's data centres). The group also manages the ongoing infrastructure of all BMO Financial Group’s real estate assets. Corporate Services is another group under CRE and includes the Corporate Art Collection, Corporate Archives and Translation Services.
Here’s what a career at BMO Financial Group has to offer you:
- Customer Impact – Opportunities to create great customer experiences
- Support for Success – Managers and coworkers committed to coaching, guidance and collaboration
- Career Possibilities – Encouragement to explore your potential and contribute to your fullest
- Work-Life Effectiveness – Innovative approaches to provide you with flexibility
- Learning and Development – Access to a variety of growth opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion – An open and supportive workplace for all individuals
- Respect and Integrity – A culture of personal accountability and high ethical standards
Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
Design, deploy, configure, administer and support Enterprise Logging as a Service (LaaS) utilizing a large scale Splunk deployment to ensure availability, integrity and currency of the LaaS platform, gather use cases from the customer and configure and tune the deployment to match requirements, as well as creating and updating documentation to reflect the current operating environment, trouble shooting technical issues. Monitor infrastructure utilization, forecasting future needs, planning and deploying additional capacity to ensure adequate availability for current and future projects.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate should:
- Have previous experience managing logging solutions such as Splunk, ArcSight and / or other event management tools
- Exhibit a good ‘can-do’ attitude and aptitude, and have self-discipline with the capability and determination to carry projects to completion
- Possess excellent troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze root cause issues, and manage tools used in security operations and security information event management
- At minimum, have a good solid IT base and IT Security background and knowledge, and be willing to learn Splunk
The role’s main responsibility as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on LaaS is to provide day-to-day management, deployment and configuration of index nodes, forwarders, search heads, ect on a large-scale Splunk deployment with a role in on boarding new log sources, gather use cases from the customer and configure and tune their deployment to match customer requirements, as well as updating documentation to reflect the current operating environment, platform management, administration and day-to-day support activities, including monitoring the environment with performance tools, maintaining optimal configuration and technical policy management.
The Senior Specialist will report to the Information Security Technical Services manager in the Information Security Operations and will be responsible for maintaining relationships with internal IS Operations groups as well as other technology entities, including enterprise infrastructure, technology governance, and technology risk management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field is strongly preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years work experience in configuring, implementing and administering Security tools and delivering security services. Experience must include implementation and configuration management of multiple security tools and delivery of security services in large enterprise environments.
- Security monitoring practices
- Security signature generation methods and techniques
- Creating and maintaining LaaS content development including reports, dashboard, rules and alerts to assist in detection of threats, reporting requirements, and efficiency in event monitoring.
- Security signature generation methods and techniques
- Create technical documentation around the operations, procedures, and content.
- Monitor the health and performance of the LaaS platform and work with supporting teams to consult on actions required.
- Work with various teams to resolve issues that may arise with log sources, LaaS host patching, connectivity etc.
- Coordinate escalations to internal teams to ensure timely delivery of incident resolutions.
- Work with the vendor for support and troubleshooting.
- Event flows (i.e. Syslog)
- Familiarity with enterprise security tools such as IDS/IPS, Anti-Virus, Malware Gateway, Messaging Servers, Firewalls and Internet Proxy
- Active Directory/LDAP
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
- Log management tools (i.e. Splunk/ArcSight)
- Three tiered application model
- Cloud computing
- Network design and operation
- Familiarity with Hadoop and Database technologies
- Unix or Linux shell environments
- Experience working in a corporate enterprise environment
- Proficient in technical writing and communication
- Security certification such as: CISSP, SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, RHCE or CCNA-Security.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Barrie
Job Posting 01/12/18
Unposting Date 01/26/18