Senior Specialist Communications Sponsorship Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Vancouver
Bmo Financial Group Vancouver urgently required following position for Senior Specialist Communications Sponsorship. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Specialist Communications Sponsorship Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Vancouver Jobs Details:
The Senior Specialist, Communications and Sponsorships is responsible for:
- Providing communications support for division leaders and the division SVP
- Managing the intake of local donations and sponsorship requests
- Local execution of initiatives in collaboration with HQ
- Working with colleagues to reflect the company’s brand through communications and sponsorship activities within their division which drive reputation and business results
- Providing strategic communications counsel and superior ‘client service’ to their division leaders in coordination with the corporate communications team
- Working with the corporate communications team to develop annual and as-needed communications strategies and plans in support of division priorities
- Driving communications program implementation including effectively managing resources, timelines and deliverables
- Ownership of local execution of all sponsorship projects
- Identifying and collaborating with colleagues to mitigate reputational issues through strategic communication
- Applying a two-way, timely, honest, relevant and concise communications approach and assessing communications effectiveness through research and measurement
- Proactively source content from multiple business sources and develop communications for various vehicles including leadership messages, Intranets, town halls, webcasts, video, presentations and social media
- Develop and secure necessary approvals to implement communications strategies and plans, ensuring compliance with bank policies and procedures and corporate communications standards
- Work with colleagues to develop strategic communications plans and actively participate in the strategic communications planning process
- In collaboration with Corprorate Sponsorship, review and assess internal and external sponsorship requests; work with colleagues to determine which requests warrant support, reflect the company’s brand and support Divisional targets.
- Develop and manage communication activity in support of division leaders including communication strategy and message development, coaching and counsel, vehicle selection, writing and editorial services, production, and distribution
- Ensure appropriate coordination and consolidation across initiatives and programs, including:
- clarity and conciseness of all communications and campaign implementation in both official languages
- employee involvement in community and sponsored events
- coordination of local events
- Champion a straight-talk communications style that promotes transparency when writing talking points, leadership messages, speeches and briefing documents for senior leaders
- Act as a point of intyegration between corportate sponsorship and coreporate donations to ensure consistent brand activation
- Assert an expert role in the preparation and execution of all types of communications initiatives, acting as a ‘go-to’ resource for colleagues and business partners on ‘best practices’ and details related to their implementation.
- Act as main point of contact between BMO and the locally supported communities, taking ownership of all community events, from design to execution and disburpersement of funds.
- Seek out opportunities to apply new and innovative approaches to reaching internal audiences as part of active participation in the strategic communications process and implementation of tactical plans
- Measure, analyze and report on the performance of a variety of communications and sponsorship initiatives. Make recommendations for improvements based on insights, best practices and business objectives
- Develop measurement plans to ensure communication and sponsorship vehicles are meeting business objectives and the needs of our employees
This position requires an intermediate level communicator with 7-10 years of experience in corporate communications and thorough understanding of marketing sponsorships and event management. Experience in the financial industry is highly desirable. A degree or post-graduate diploma in communications is required, in addition to relevant experience. Bilingualism is also an asset.
This position requires a solid understanding of strategic communications planning, writing, and editing as well as project management skills and sponsorships experience. Proficiency in the development of various print and electronic communications vehicles is also required. The role requires an individual with business acumen, confidence, excellent judgment and interpersonal skills that can consult, influence and collaborate with colleagues across levels and business groups.
This position requires superior relationship management skills, the ability to work independently and strong judgment to know when to escalate issues. It also requires a strong detail orientation and an understanding of the importance of delivering excellent ‘client service’ to business partners and stakeholders.
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Primary Location Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organisation P&C Distribution-X000020
Job Posting 01/12/18
Unposting Date 01/27/18