Personal Banking Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Alterna Savings Ottawa
Alterna Savings Ottawa urgently required following position for Personal Banking Advisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Personal Banking Advisor Jobs Vacancy in Alterna Savings Ottawa Jobs Details:
The Personal Banking Advisor (PBA) is responsible for managing and building an assigned book of business made up primarily of members with identified multifaceted needs. The PBA ensures that all of the member's financial needs are being met by the most
appropriate resource within Alterna, and has overall responsibility/accountability for the relationship. Through proactive relationship management, the PBA retains and grows the book by increasing the share of member business by using all of Alterna’s products
and services including both credit and investment solutions.
*Please note this position is a development opportunity designed for candidates interested in moving into the leadership role of Manager, Personal Finance.*
- Manages an assigned portfolio of members using financial planning concepts, advisory and relationship tools to meet all members' complex credit/investment needs
- Establishes regularly scheduled contacts with members/clients to establish relationships that will identify members' needs
- Keeps files on member relationships that include member's financial goals and PBA plan of action to assist the member/client in meeting those goals
- Is the branch liaison with Wealth Management and Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) representatives/team
- Manages assigned member portfolio jointly with other specialists in Alterna i.e. Wealth Management and/or SME
- Provides financial advice using some financial planning tools (e.g. cash-flow and credit management)
- Acts as a mentor for less experienced staff under the guidance of the Branch Manager
- Acts as the branch centre of expertise on the use of financial calculators, complex credit and managed portfolio solutions
- Maintains strong relationships with alliance partners
- Deals with referrals when deemed necessary based on the complexity of the members/clients requests
Education / Certification / Experience
- Post secondary education combined with 5 years related experience in a financial institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum 3 years credit experience including analysis and knowledge of underwriting
- CSC or IFIC course completed with ability to be licensed immediately
- CFP or PFP designation or currently in progress
- At a minimum 2 years of financial advisory experience and demonstrated relationship building experience
- Proven track record in sales
- Bilingual English/French preferred
*At Alterna, we offer a competitive total rewards program and an opportunity to truly make a difference. If you put people first and value excellence and integrity, we hope you'll apply.
* Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills and competencies outlined above.
* Alterna is compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you have a disability, please contact the recruiter to let us know how we can accommodate you.