Media And Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Ywca Hamilton Hamilton
Ywca Hamilton Hamilton urgently required following position for Media And Communications Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Media And Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Ywca Hamilton Hamilton Jobs Details:
YWCA Hamilton is dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
We offer a stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Staff Fitness and Aquatic membership
- Staff discounts for childcare and recreation
The Media & Communications Coordinator is an important member of YWCA Hamilton’s Development Team that provides the strategic oversight, development, implementation and evaluation of YWCA’s external communications efforts. The incumbent is a natural YWCA brand ambassador that has a passion for thoughtful storytelling and writing to engage and compel all audiences through mission-centric and client-centered communications. This team member is comfortable liaising with media, excels in project management, thrives within fast paced working conditions and enjoys staying atop current affairs to address and thoughtfully communicate issues across a variety of platforms in ‘real time’.
Communications & Advocacy
- Provide leadership to copy writing and working collaboratively with YWCA Hamilton department areas to effectively communicate YWCA programs and services on ywcahamilton.org and related micro and/or campaign websites while abiding by national/local brand requirements at all times.
- Works with the Marketing & Design Coordinator to develop marketing materials for programs, services and development efforts, providing a critical eye for editing and communications which are punchy, brief and persuasive.
- Nurture and form meaningful internal and external working relationships and partnerships to advance YWCA’s Philanthropic strategies.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies for YWCA’s annual signature events including Women of Distinction and Walk A Mile In Her Shoes, and annual/capital campaign strategies where relevant.
- Hold relevant YWCA marketing portfolios ensuring deliverables are achieved to include paid and earned media and provide leadership in achieving new marketing and communications opportunities through grant or in-kind opportunities.
- Work to strengthen and develop YWCA Staff capacity to adhere to YWCA brand identify guidelines and develop and implement the tools and systems for staff to become YWCA brand ambassadors.
- Develop a variety of materials and communications tools including, but not limited to, speaking notes/scripts, e-newsletters, annual impact report, post-event reports, press releases, web content and client storytelling/testimonials.
- Support national and local advocacy priorities to raise the visibility, reach and impact of YWCA Hamilton and attend local events/initiatives when and where necessary to effectively collaborate with partner agencies.
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen public relations objectives including proactive media outreach in alignment with key themes, subject matter, etc. to generate media coverage with the goal of YWCA Hamilton as the ‘top of mind’ organization for issues impacting women, young women and girls.
- Serve as the media point of contact, tracking all media inquiries and arranging all opportunities with YWCA CEO and/or subject matter experts while staying atop current affairs to respond with a YWCA perspective in ‘real time’.
- Work to ensure positive, authentic and meaningful relationship with media.
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of communications experience with a non-profit organization.
- Must have an incredible attention to detail, excellent written communication skills and passion for storytelling.
- Must be an exceptional copy writer with an eye for detail, design, editing and proofreading.
- Experience in MailChimp and AKA Raising is preferred with working knowledge of WordPress
- Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media, SEO, media relations and writing for various audiences.
- Flexibility to work evenings & weekends and travel as required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive /anti-racist perspective.
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset.
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please inform us of accommodation requests during interview booking.
Job Type: Full-time
- Non Profit Media and Communications: 3 years
- Copy Writing: 2 years