Patient Care Assistant Connell Jobs Vacancy in Kingston Health Sciences Centre Kingston
Kingston Health Sciences Centre Kingston urgently required following position for Patient Care Assistant Connell. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Patient Care Assistant Connell Jobs Vacancy in Kingston Health Sciences Centre Kingston Jobs Details:
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on 2018 January 19
Title: Patient Care Assistant
Department: Connell 3
Position Number: 50059571
Hours of Work: Full-Time Position; Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: Four (4) $21.295-$23.595
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
In accordance with Article 9.05, where the previous incumbent returns to this position within the thirty (30) day trial period this position shall be deemed not vacant and the posting will be cancelled. Should the vacancy be cancelled, applicants to this posting shall be notified.
Under the direction of the RN/RPN, performs assigned functions that (1) support the RN/RPN in assisting patients in activities of daily living and (2) support the effective operations of patient care area(s).
Within this role the Patient Care Assistant is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston General Hospital strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Performs or assists patients with activities of daily living including basic hygiene as assigned (e.g. toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing, mouth care and grooming).
- Assists with turning, repositioning, lifting, transferring and ambulating patients as assigned.
- Assists with patient nourishment by preparing patients for meals, preparing refreshments and assisting with low-risk oral feeding as assigned.
- Records the patient care provided as required and according to hospital policy. Documents patient care data (e.g. height, weight, activities of daily living and intake and output).
- Prepares patient units for elective/emergency admissions and transfers. Assists in maintaining the general tidiness and safety of the work/care areas by stocking patient care supplies, removing and disposing of equipment and supplies as appropriate or directed
- Effectively communicates to the RN/RPN, in a timely objective manner without interpretation:
- Patient information specific to assigned activities,
- Observe changes in patients’ condition, and Patient findings and/or unusual occurrences.
- Adheres to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
- Graduate of a Personal Support Worker or equivalent program within the past two years. If not a graduate of a Personal Support Worker program or equivalent program within the past two years, must have at least one year of full time equivalent work experience within the past five years.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Through work or clinical placement, 150 hours experience as a Personal Support Worker or equivalent in a long-term care or complex continuing care setting within the past five years.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English as demonstrated by testing.
- Ability to follow instructions and cope with interruptions.
- Ability to be self directed in performing position responsibilities, as assigned.
- Good interpersonal skills in communicating with patients, families, team and the general public.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.