Avp Credit Risk Management Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Western Bank Edmonton
Canadian Western Bank Edmonton urgently required following position for Avp Credit Risk Management. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Avp Credit Risk Management Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Western Bank Edmonton Jobs Details:
AVP, Credit Risk Management
CWB Financial Group Company
CWB Financial Group
Credit Risk Management
Edmonton , AB
The primary focus of the AVP, Credit Risk Management is to adjudicate credit applications and to monitor portfolio’s within Bank policy and objectives. The AVP is also responsible for constructing, reviewing and amending credit policies to meet approval and regulatory requirements. Through proven management and leadership experience, the AVP will provide support to branches in establishing loans for customers and to senior management by way of recommendations and reporting procedures.
- Undgergraduate degree in commerce, finance or accounting disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years strong lending background (Commercial, Real Estate, and Equipment Finance)
- Proven management/leadership experience
- Previous experience working in a Credit Risk adjudication role is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Moody's Financial Analyst.
- Strong knowledge of working systems- BFE, Excel, Word, HOBS, WAVE and Adobe Forms
- Strong organizational, analytical, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Prior experience with financial statement analysis and accounting software programs.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while managing conflict.
- Ability to build effective relationships with various stakeholders and parties (Branch Managers, Account Managers, Legal Counsel, Senior Executive).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) including the ability to draft reports and loan summaries for senior management.
- Excellent risk analysis skills.
- Ability to work through complex situations and yield solutions.
- Provide recommendations and support to Senior Management by reviewing and assessing new, renewal and reportable credit applications to achieve a quality, well balanced and profitable portfolio.
- Approve credit applications (new, renewal and reportable) within a delegated credit limit.
- Prepare recommendations for approval, restructuring, decline of credit applications.
- Discuss terms and conditions of credit applications and related matters with branches as required.
- Assist in the administration of credit policies.
- Assist in the review of branch out-of-order, watch list and non-performing loan reports and provide approval or recommendations as to action plans and remedial procedures.
- On a continual basis, assist in the review of existing credit policies making recommendations for change and/or establishing new policies.
- Assist in compiling statistics and evaluations on an ongoing basis, on risk ratings and portfolio mix with a comparison to the business plan.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for Management and Loan Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Discuss and provide assistance to branches with presubmission reviews and problem loans.
- Assist in preparing summaries and other information required by OSFI and external auditors.
- Prepare performance appraisal and monitors progress and training of support personnel.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of Security Documentation Overviews and quarterly bulletins.
- Promote satisfactory working environment through open communication, cooperation and respect for all staff members.
- Develop short and long term personal learning goals for continuous learning and development in the areas as identified by incumbent and manager.
- Pursue continual learning and development of personal goals to remain current regarding industry development and trends in order to meet the Bank’s and your individual goals.
CWB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are motivated by the new perspectives diversity can bring to our workforce. Inclusion and advocacy for a diverse organization can bring excellence at all levels of our business. Regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other factors unrelated to job performance, we are looking for difference makers. We are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees and job applicants.