Burner Operator Jobs Vacancy in Russel Metals Prince George
Russel Metals Prince George urgently required following position for Burner Operator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Burner Operator Jobs Vacancy in Russel Metals Prince George Jobs Details:
Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers and suppliers primarily in Canada, the United States, and on occasion worldwide. The Company operates in three business segments: service centre distribution, energy sector pipe, tube, valve and fitting distribution and steel import/export distribution. We provide steel processing and distribution services to a broad base of approximately 18, 000 end users through a network of 70 North American branches.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual for the position of Burner Operator within our Prince George, BC - Plate Processing Branch. This is a full-time, permanent position that reports directly to the Plant Supervisor.
As a Burner Operator, you will be responsible for the cutting of plate to various profiles using electronic processing equipment. You will be accountable for the quality of the final product regarding flatness, burn quality, slag removal, surface condition and any other factors that would impact the customer’s requirements.
- Ensures safe procedures are followed while performing job responsibilities
- Complies with workplace policies and procedures (operational and health and safety)
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring all established safe work procedures and practices are followed
- Operates all machinery, mobile equipment and cranes properly, safely and effectively in accordance with instruction and training
- Responsible to report details of any injuries or incidents that occur, either as a witness or involved in
- Reports and advises of any unsafe processes or equipment.
- Unloads incoming plate and stores the plate in the warehouse, flat or in racks, in a safe and efficient manner
- Color codes and marks plate according to various grades as required by the company or customers
- Maintains material traceability to heat numbers and mill test reports on all material as per established procedures and protocols
- Maintains an organized inventory and performs inventory counts as required.
- Loads and unloads burning tables
- Completes in-process quality checks and documents on appropriate forms to ensure compliance with order specifications
- Prepares products for shipping by strapping, palletizing, loading barrels or any other means required to satisfy the customer’s needs
- Tags and or marks plate or cut pieces as per instructions
- Nests cut pieces in the most efficient and economical way possible
- Maintains processing equipment, reporting any problems with the equipment, and maintains a neat and clean work area
- Maintain Equipment Log Books
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned
- Every employee assigned to this job classification must sign off that they are competent and have been trained in these duties
- All employees must be signed off on company safety policies
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Able to work shift work including weekends
- Good knowledge of math and measurements
- Good communication skills
- Self motivated, results oriented
David Robertson via email at email@example.com