Community Engagement Specialist Corporate Office Jobs Vacancy in Prospera Credit Union Abbotsford
Prospera Credit Union Abbotsford urgently required following position for Community Engagement Specialist Corporate Office. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Engagement Specialist Corporate Office Jobs Vacancy in Prospera Credit Union Abbotsford Jobs Details:
Under general management direction, the Community Engagement Specialist plans and successfully implements marketing and community related events and activities developed in conjunction with external partners, community partners, or within the marketing team. The role leverages Prospera’s community involvement by collaborating with internal stakeholders, including the LOB’s and Corporate in the delivery of events and activities in our communities. The incumbent manages the volunteer program and ensures employee volunteers are engaged at community events, along with managing other corporate sponsored activities.
1. Manages the planning and execution of community events and activities, such as Credit Union Day, Branch Openings, YES Camp, Canada Day, Cinema under the Stars, Skate Parties, and Children’s Festivals. Includes maintaining event critical paths, budget and project files. Organizes all requited resources such as tents, mascot, and volunteers, set up and tear down, and evaluates the success of events and provides suggestions for continuous improvement.
2. Manages the planning and execution of corporate projects, special events and promotions, such as grand openings, anniversaries, corporate milestones, launches and branch relocations including the recruitment and engagement of volunteers. Includes maintaining event critical paths, budget and project files. Organizes all requited resources such as tents, mascot, and volunteers, set up and tear down, and evaluates the success of events and provides suggestions for continuous improvement.
3. Coordinates and circulates marketing information to internal and external stakeholders related to community events and objectives.
4. Leverages Prospera’s community involvement by collaborating with internal stakeholders and external partners in the delivery of events and activities in our communities. Manages day to day relationship with suppliers & external resources and ensures production and/or service meets approved standards and timelines.
5. Manages the volunteer program and ensures employee volunteers are engaged at community events (both internal and external opportunities). Plans and executives all volunteer activities, including those in support of National Volunteer Week.
6. Manages corporate sponsorship activities, including screening requests for financial support and overseeing the disbursement of funds. Collaborates with management as it relates to sponsorships, events and corporate/internal communications matters.
7. Monitors community and sponsorship budget. Manages community support including requests for corporate tents and Prosbeara. Inputs purchase orders, invoices, tracks event and activity expenses, distributes donation cheques and reconciles general ledger entries and Corporate Visa card.
8. Manages Prospera’s Educational Award Program and award disbursements.
9. Coordinates the day to day operation of internal charitable giving campaigns (such as the United Way campaign).
10. Works consultatively with Sourcing to identify suitable vendors for the ProsperaWear program, consults within department to determine appropriate product sales mix.
11. Provides leadership and day to day guidance of the Community Events Coordinator. Provides support to indirect report with a view to encouraging their personal and professional development.
12. Takes responsibility for self-development and continuous learning to achieve the required knowledge for the position.
13. Ensures a high professional standard of service and performance by actively participating in other duties, attends educational and training programs.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform end to end event planning;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to plan, schedule, organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines during periods of high volume;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in department and within the Corporate Office;
- Ability to use initiative and work independently;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) application;
- Required to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Degree in marketing, event planning or a related discipline;
- One to three years’ related experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.