Ilocano Interpreters Jobs Vacancy in Languageline Solutions
Languageline Solutions urgently required following position for Ilocano Interpreters. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ilocano Interpreters Jobs Vacancy in Languageline Solutions Jobs Details:
Job Title: Ilocano Interpreter
The Ilocano Telephone/Video Interpreter is responsible for handling calls on demand, and renders the meaning of conversations between Ilocano and English speakers. The interpreter helps break the communication barrier between a Ilocano speakers and a non-Ilocano speaker, who is a professionals in any of the wide range of industries LanguageLine Solutions serves: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Financial, Utilities, Travel & Hospitality, and 911, Law Enforcement, Court, and General Business.
The interpreter processes information quickly, concisely and recognizes sensitive cultural differences and she/he is professional and courteous at all times. The interpreter uses appropriate terminology and understands common industry procedures and practices. The calls may involve simple or complex, non-technical or technical subjects in the industries LanguageLine Solutions serves.
Candidates need to be located in the United States or Canada. This is a remote position. The Ilocano interpreter works from his/her home-office. It is essential to ensure a quiet & secure environment. Note pads and writing utensils, glossaries, and dictionaries are useful tools. The Ilocano interpreter must have a dedicated landline or VoIP and head-set and telephone.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The interpreter must:
- Receive client-calls and answer in a professional manner
- Render correct concepts and meanings between Ilocano and English, upholding correct rules of grammar, clarity and tone, from one language into another
- Provide clear and accurate renditions with no additions or omissions
- Employ good customer service and clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice as well as polite forms of expression
- Remain calm during emergency calls
- Be punctual and available during scheduled work hours
- Ensure access to the Internet for work related electronic communication
- Take all required LanguageLine Solutions training to learn interpretation protocol
- Follows clients instructions, manage the flow of the call and avoid taking over the call, as well as avoids interaction with the limited English speaker person w/o client's permission
- Understand terminology in the following industries: Medical, Insurance, Finance and Law
This is not a translation position, where the written word is involved; however, translators and other skilled linguists who are fluent in Ilocano and English are encouraged to apply. Telephone interpreters render the meaning verbally over the phone.
- Ensures a high speed Internet connection for work related electronic communication
- This internet connection should provide download speeds of no less than 5 MB and upload speeds of 1 Mb
- An additional port must be available on the modem itself and not on an external router for work purpose. Cable or fiber optic service is preferred. Satellite will not work
- Telephone service can’t have call waiting, voice mail, call forward, Caller ID, Voice Messaging, .or any other feature that would interfere with call delivery. Cellular or cordless phone are not allowed. Internet phones (VoIP) and landline telephone services can be used.
- Will work in front of a computer screen, to operate a computer keyboard and mouse and to remain in a stationary position at least 50%- 90% of the time.
- Involves sitting, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, seeing, talking, and hearing.
- Occasionally requires standing and walking
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to type or write
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Maybe expose to moderate noise levels (i.e. computer, audio, telephone)
Qualifications & Skills:
- Native, or near native, fluency in Ilocano and English
- Ability to explain cultural concepts to avoid miscommunication, and to act as a cultural broker
- Ability to concentrate, stay detached from the conversation and remain neutral and objective at all times while following client’s instructions closely
- Excellent listening, retention and note taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of industry-specific terminology; on-going study of glossaries and training materials including scripts provided by our clients
- Completion of High school education
- Education in languages/translation/interpretation or related fields preferred, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - EEO/AA