Cupe Parks Facilities Maintenance Jobs Vacancy in Norfolk County Simcoe
Norfolk County Simcoe urgently required following position for Cupe Parks Facilities Maintenance. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cupe Parks Facilities Maintenance Jobs Vacancy in Norfolk County Simcoe Jobs Details:
THE CORPORATION OF NORFOLK COUNTY – JOB POSTING # CUPE 1.18
Position: Parks and Facilities Maintenance
Status: Temporary Part Time (up to 16 hours per week)
Date of hire until approximately December 31, 2018
Employee Group: CUPE Local 4700
Salary: $23.75 - $29.66 per hour
Division: Community Services
Department: Parks & Recreation
Reports To: Superintendent Parks and Recreation Operations East
Location: Port Dover Arena
Posting Period: January 16, 2018 – January 22, 2018
Scope of Position:
• To provide operational and maintenance services to Norfolk County recreational facilities, including parks, pools, arenas, cemeteries, community centres and other corporate buildings.
• To maintain buildings and associated equipment in good repair and in attractive, clean condition for public service.
• Carries out a variety of operational and maintenance tasks. Duties change seasonally.
• Follows generally accepted maintenance and repair standards, administrative policy and practice, and program of preventative maintenance.
• Performs cleaning operations in recreational facilities, ice maintenance in arenas and maintenance duties in parks and cemeteries (i.e. grass cutting, ball diamond grooming, tree and shrub maintenance, grave maintenance, snow removal, etc.).
• Performs a variety of preventative maintenance tasks and repairs in facilities, including monitoring of arena refrigeration equipment, minor carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical and scheduled cleaning of equipment.
• Provides assistance in the moving, relocation and set up of administrative office equipment and supplies as required by other departments.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Post-secondary education in related field (Horticulture, Turf Management, Facility Maintenance), plus two years current related experience working in an arena or other recreational facilities or combined education and experience equivalent.
• Technical skills in modern building maintenance and repair techniques.
• Related training in arena refrigeration process, cemeteries, parks, pools and forestry, an asset.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships and to deal politely with the public.
• Proficiency in the use of equipment and tools.
• Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment, and must have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Skills & Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge relating to the operation and maintenance of artificial ice plants, pools, community centres, sports fields, and parkland.
• Experience operating equipment, trucks, tractors with attachments, and front-end loaders.
• Experience operating power tools and hand tools.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Basic computer keyboarding skills and a willingness and ability to learn basic function of related department computer software.
• Proven ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Good physical dexterity.
• A valid Ontario driver’s license.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate and maintain grounds maintenance equipment, trucks, tractors with attachments, ice resurfacer, commercial cleaning equipment and a variety of power and hand tools.
• Handles a variety of cleaning and building maintenance chemicals.
• Works closely with, and in full view, of the public.
• Supervises the proper use of the facilities.
• Gives work direction to part-time staff assigned to assist facility maintenance.
• Adheres to work schedules required for the year round operation of parks, cemeteries, and completes daily records of maintenance and repair tasks.
Note: Shift work is involved
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Applications must be submitted through email, mail, fax, courier, or in person to Human Resources & Staff Development by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the posting.
Human Resources & Staff Development– 185 Robinson Street, Suite 300, Simcoe, ON N3Y 5L6 Phone: (519) 426-5870 – Fax: 519-427-5902– Email: email@example.com
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Record Check.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.