Industrial Electrician Jobs Vacancy in Unilock Ltd Georgetown
Unilock Ltd Georgetown urgently required following position for Industrial Electrician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Industrial Electrician Jobs Vacancy in Unilock Ltd Georgetown Jobs Details:
Unilock is an innovative leader in the manufacturing of the highest quality concrete products for the professional landscape and construction industry in North America.
We currently have an opening in our Georgetown, Ontario location for a Red Seal Certified Industrial Electrician, working shift work. This key position within our organization will report to the Plant Manager.
The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic. In a busy work environment, the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines is a necessity.
The main responsibilities of this position are, but not limited to:
- Perform the duties of Plant/Site Electrician in a safe manner
- Ensures operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance
- Installs new machines and equipment
- Repairs electrical systems and equipment
- Maintains and updates plant electrical drawings / schematics ensuring compliance with E.S.A.
- Prepares electrical maintenance reports
- Assist in project management of electrical contract work as required.
- Maintains electrical equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Must possess a valid certificate of competency / license issued by the province of Ontario in the fields of “Industrial Electrician” “Electrician: Construction and Maintenance” and / or “Master Electrician”.
- Previous supervisory/management experience would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years Industrial Electrician or Master Electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have knowledge of plant safety policies and procedures including “Arc flash regulations”
- Practical knowledge of machine operations in a manufacturing environment
- Requires standing, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires the ability to perform work with hands and/or arms in the same repetitive motion above and below shoulder level
- Basic Computer Skills - MS Office components and Adobe Acrobat
- Fundamental understanding of Preventative Maintenance Programs [CMMS]
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot the following:
- 24 VDC, 110 and 480/600 3 Phase VAC electrical systems
- PC/PLC Control Systems
- Ability to read electrical prints/schematics
- The ability to safely operate power / hand tools and all related safety equipment
- Fluency in oral and written English language
- Must be available for both day and night shifts as required
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, driver and background check.
Unilock offers a competitive hourly rate based on experience, an employer matched pension plan, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit package.
If you are interested in a challenging position, and pursuing a career in a fast paced manufacturing environment, we’d like to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Industrial Electrician: 1 year