Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ottawa Festival Network Ottawa
Ottawa Festival Network Ottawa urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ottawa Festival Network Ottawa Jobs Details:
SA1 - Administrative Assistant
JOB OVERVIEW: This Canadian music festival takes place in rural community halls throughout Eastern Ontario. It features Canadian artists from coast to coast, in intimate venues. The festival office is located in Ottawa.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
HOURS PER WEEK: 30 (4 days, 7.5 hours per day)
START DATE: ASAP
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the festival manager.
PRE & POST FESTIVAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general administration procedures on a day-to-day basis
- Compiles and organizes artist and venue contracts
- Administers ticket sales and responding to general inquiries
- Regularly updates the festival website and social media pages
- Organizes information pertaining to grants
- Excellent interpersonal/people skills
- Strong detail, organizational and administrative skills
- Strong trouble-shooting and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, public speaking experience an asset
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Interest in community engagement initiatives, specifically in relation to volunteer recruitment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- 2 years administrative experience
- Driver’s License is an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Some heavy lifting will be required
NOTE: This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The JCP program is an employment program offered to provide unemployed job seekers in Ontario with work experience to enhance their marketability. For more information about JCP please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
Salary: $423 per week for 30 hours/week ($14.10/hour)
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.10 /hour