Intermediate Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Prism Engineering Burnaby
Prism Engineering Burnaby urgently required following position for Intermediate Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Prism Engineering Burnaby Jobs Details:
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Prism Engineering Ltd. is a consulting firm that has specialized in energy management for existing buildings since 1990. We are committed to delivering innovative and quality engineering services that meet our clients’ needs. We employ a team-based approach for every project and we achieve superior performance through our talented group of professionals. In 2017-2018 we plan to enhance our team of experts with additional professionals who are committed to our goal of providing customized value-added energy solutions. Prism strives to provide our employees with the opportunity for personal and professional growth, offers a comprehensive remuneration package includes extended health benefits, as well as short- and long-term incentive plans that reward commitment and achievement.
We are currently accepting applications for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer or Senior Designer. You should have a proven track record as a designer, as well as experience in client liaison, and project management. You will require all the necessary computer skills and design experience to participate fully in comprehensive mechanical building system upgrades for HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems. Experience in energy management is an asset.
- conduct engineering evaluations, analysis, designs, and implementation in the area of building mechanical system retrofit
- carry out design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems, basic controls, upgrades, load calculations, energy savings calculations and equipment selection
- prepare tender packages for procurement of equipment and installation
- review shop drawings
- verify construction is proceeding in accordance with design specifications
- track and forecast project costs
- complete site reviews during construction, and prepare site instructions and review reports
- provide technical support to resolve problems, clarify issues and ensure timeliness of project completion
- interface with the client, building owner, architect, contractors, consultants, utilities, and building authorities
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or certified mechanical design technologist
- licensed P.Eng. - registered or eligible for registration with APEGBC
- 5 years experience in consulting engineering in the building sector
- comprehensive knowledge of the BC and Vancouver Building Codes, ASHRAE, and other applicable codes and standards
- computer literacy including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- good knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD
- proficient verbal and written communication skills
- experience in site investigation and construction reviews
- practical design experience
- ability to work with clients, building users, consulting engineers, project managers, contractors, and product suppliers in a professional manner
To be considered for this position, applicants must send their resume with a covering letter combined as a single PDF file with the filename “FirstName-LastName-Intermediate-Mechanical-Engineer.PDF” to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization, but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.