Cen Complementary Arts Cultural Exploration For Nunavimmiut Jobs Vacancy in John Abbott College Westmount
- Cen Complementary Arts Cultural Exploration For Nunavimmiut
- John Abbott College
- Westmount QC
- 17 May, 2018 9 days ago
John Abbott College Westmount urgently required following position for Cen Complementary Arts Cultural Exploration For Nunavimmiut. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cen Complementary Arts Cultural Exploration For Nunavimmiut Jobs Vacancy in John Abbott College Westmount Jobs Details:
The courses are part of Nunavik Sivunitsavut, a two semester program designed to offer Inuit students from Nunavik a post-secondary experience in which to develop study, work and leadership skills through a set of courses rooted in Inuit circumpolar knowledge, history, politics, language and cultural traditions.
TYPE OF CONTRACTS: CHARGÉ DE COURS (À LA LEÇON) (1-2.12)
COURSE TITLE: Complementary Arts: Cultural Performance for Nunavimmiut
Note: The selection committee may, exceptionally, recommend to the College that pertinent additional professional and/or industrial experience be considered in lieu of the stated minimum educational requirement. Education superior to the stated minimum requirement may be substituted for professional/industrial experience at the discretion of the selection committee.
The courses will take place at Nunavik Sivunitsavut, located in the Avataq Cultural Institute, 360 - 4150 Ste-Catherine O. Westmount, Québec, H3Z 2Y5
Contracts are offered à la leçon and are contingent upon sufficient student enrollment in each course.
The starting date for the course will be determined by the Centre for Continuing Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts or equivalent, AND 3-5 years of demonstrated experience directly related to the subject matter.
- Diploma of college studies (DEC) in an appropriate specialty AND 5-7 years of demonstrated experience directly related to the subject matter.
- High School Diploma AND 7-9 years of demonstrated experience directly related to the subject matter.
Successful applicants must
- Demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to culturally relevant, sensitive and appropriate pedagogy
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Inuit culture, history, society and rights
- Have several years of practical experience in the related field
- Have experience living and/or teaching in Inuit communities and/or other aboriginal communities
- Bilingual (English/Inuktitut) candidates preferred.
- Several years related teaching experience at the post – secondary level preferred
If your work experience has changed or if you have acquired additional education since your last visit, be sure to submit your updated resume so that we may review your full career path.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to update your file by submitting your CV in order for your application to be considered.