Youth Programs Assistant Jobs Vacancy in The Neighbourhood Group Toronto
The Neighbourhood Group Toronto urgently required following position for Youth Programs Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Youth Programs Assistant Jobs Vacancy in The Neighbourhood Group Toronto Jobs Details:
The Neighbourhood Group (TNG) is a multi-service agency that includes Central Neighbourhood House and Neighbourhood Link Support Services.
This is a 8-week, 30 hours per week summer student contract position in our Youth Program, reporting to the Manager, Children & Youth Programs, TNG. This position assists underserved and street-involved youth in the community, and works with the Youth Resource Outreach Workers as well as with other department staff in the delivery of programs in the KickStart summer camp.
- Organize and facilitate age and culturally appropriate program activities and workshops promoting healthy lifestyles and choices for participants of the KickStart Summer Camp program and their parents.
- Connect youth to services that are available for them in the community
- Work with Neighbourhood Link staff in scheduling, planning, promoting and implementing community activities
- Assist in promoting programs, event and services
- Assist with developing connections to service providers who can assist underserved and street-involved youth
- Assist in the planning, coordination and delivery of any events held by Outreach Workers and the Agency
- Accompany facilitators to off site visits, outreach events and meetings
- Facilitate and participate in active play, including swimming events with youth and children
- Create promotional materials as needed
- Assist participants during independent work times
- Perform general administrative duties as directed by staff.
- This position requires that the student be pursuing education in a related field of study from a Post-Secondary Institution (Community College, Technical Institute or University.) Preferred programs will include: Social Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker and Social Work.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Have been registered as a full time post-secondary student in the preceding academic year, and intend to return to full time studies in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee status has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations.
Terms: 8 week, 30 hours per week non-bargaining unit contract position
Contract Dates: July 2-August 24, 2018
TNG is committed to reflecting the communities we serve and to nurturing a respectful and inclusive work environment for all. We encourage qualified applicants of all ages, races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, gender identities and sexual orientations to apply. Candidates invited for an interview are encouraged to inform Human Resources in confidence of their accommodation requirements.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour