Officer Commercial Real Estate Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Vancouver
Hsbc Vancouver urgently required following position for Officer Commercial Real Estate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Officer Commercial Real Estate Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Vancouver Jobs Details:
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Commercial Banking
HSBC Commercial Banking operates in 54 countries and territories, covering the developed and developing markets that matter most to our customers. Through our teams we connect businesses to opportunities, helping them thrive and grow. We work with a wide range of customers, from small enterprises to mid-market companies and large multinationals, providing them with the tools they need to function efficiently. These include trade and receivables finance, global liquidity and cash management, multi-currency accounts, commercial cards, overdrafts, working capital finance, insurance, term loans and syndicated, leveraged, acquisition and project finance.
A Day in the Life of an Officer
includes the following:
The role holder works in the Commercial Real Estate teams and works closely with the CRE Director and RM to prepare briefing papers, collate and analyze complex financial data an non-financial data on both existing and prospect clients. Will work closely with the Director to successfully close out a deal which includes working on complex documentation (legal, credit etc). The analyst will also focus on lending as well as non-lending income through cooperation and delivery of PCM, Trade and GBM products.
Will adhere to Group values, follow business strategy, operational policies, regulatory requirements, and risk management practices.
- Become fully involved in the deals and discussions with clients and support the Director with preparation for the client/Risk presentations etc
- Interface with Risk to ensure HSBC understanding of the customer risk profile is accurate and up to date.
- Monitor relationship profitability regularly and ensure adequate product coverage for this customer segment
- Work closely with the RM and the Director to ensure that there is a robust proposal to present to the client.
- Engage closely with the client to understand the business with a view to structuring a robust proposal for discussion with the client.
- Pull product partners into the relationship to ensure appropriate coverage by product partners and alignment to agreed account objectives.
- Provide guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues.
- Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests while remaining within the bounds of prudent banking.
- Complete timely and in depth analysis/evaluations of reviews of customer financials and operating risks for all credits in the portfolio
- Ensure early identification of problem relationships and proper action to be taken on potential and existing problem accounts to protect HSBC interests
- Active monitoring of facilities and utilization to ensure this is in accordance with approved terms and conditions
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Appropriate approach to risk management
- Ensure robust structures in place for management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Complete, timely, and in-depth evaluations or reviews of financial and operating risks for all credits.
- Monitor activities on facilities to ensure usage is in accordance with approved terms and conditions.
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income
- Minimise operational losses and fraud.
- Risk controls to be in accordance with Group standards.
- Demonstrate adherence to internal controls.
- Ensure that HORIS and CV Data for all relationships in the portfolio are accurate.
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience
- General knowledge of GTRF, PCM, GB&M, and RBWM products and capabilities.
- Good commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience
- Strong practical understanding of complex financial analysis in relation to commercial lending, and cash flows
- In depth knowledge of complex credit structures, cashflow analysis, setting ratios and covenants
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong change focus and ability to manage change
- Good credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Professional accounting qualification
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Ability to build personal relationships with current and potential clients
- Knowledge of group systems, including CARM, ClientVision, HORIS, Global Links and GRPT.
- Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM.
- Wide personal connections and contacts in the market
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities to network and build global relationships
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.