Senior Manager Trading Documentation Jobs Vacancy in Cibc Toronto
Cibc Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Manager Trading Documentation. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Manager Trading Documentation Jobs Vacancy in Cibc Toronto Jobs Details:
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You will report to the Senior Manager, Trading Documentation and will have primary responsibility for the negotiation and execution of documentation in support of the Bank’s Prime Brokerage trading activities, and related trading business units. CIBC Legal manages legal outcomes by providing a full range of legal and transactional support services to CIBC’s businesses worldwide.
How You’ll Succeed
- Contract Negotiation - Negotiating master agreements (Prime Brokerage Service Agreements, Systems Interconnect Agreements) normal course issuer bid (NCIB) and share purchase plan agreements, and related supporting agreements with external clients as required to support CIBC’s growing Prime Brokerage trading activities. Ensure executed agreements meet approved credit terms and internal policies and procedures. Confirm counterparty signing authorities and sufficiency of supporting documentation. Ensure all transactions are fully documented to mitigate operational and credit risk.
- Advice on Documentation Policies - Responsible for the communication and implementation of CIBC’s documentation policies and procedures with respect to trading products in accordance with the standards set forth by the Bank and various regulatory and industry bodies and to manage the consistency of application. Assist in the development of standards and policies for, and direct negotiation of master agreements and related documentation relating to all trading room prime brokerage products and business units globally.
- Working Collaboratively - Assist Prime Brokerage business as an active member of the work out team in the case of a default, work closely with the business to facilitate a positive, client focused on-boarding experience with the Bank. Play an active role as a member of Equity Markets transaction team to ensure speedy approval and successful execution of normal course issuer bids.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in corporate and commercial law matters, with strong negotiation skills and a good understanding of the prime brokerage industry and capital markets products generally. Good understanding of operational risk issues, as they relate to capital markets and risk management. You also have a strong understanding of the legal requirements and documentation pertaining to capital markets products, as well as credit and operational risk policies and procedures. It’s an asset if you have securities law familiarity and working knowledge of business, finance and banking to effectively interpret financial data.
- You’re a certified professional. Preference given to LL.B/J.D.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours may vary depending on business needs.