Equity Research Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Vancouver
Hsbc Vancouver urgently required following position for Equity Research Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Equity Research Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Hsbc Vancouver Jobs Details:
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A day in the life of an Equity Research Analyst
include the following:
To conduct in depth research and provide input and recommendations for the selection of securities for Canadian Equity portfolios. The research will be consistent with the house approach to fundamental company analysis.
- All investment management clients (institutional, private, retail); internal distribution channels (marketing, client services, HPWS, third party, RBWM); external sales channels (Consultants).
- Contribute to cultivate a cordial and challenging environment through open dialogue ensuring the robustness of the analytical process.
- Senior team members are expected to mentor/supervise junior members to enable the transfer of knowledge and enhance skill development within the team.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Continuous monitoring of securities’ under analysis responsibility held within any portfolio mandate to ensure investment thesis remains intact.
- Timely (upon demand or at a minimum at the weekly investment meetings) updates of full coverage list ranking absolute and relative risk-return expectations and fundamental outlook.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Business/economics degree and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- 3-5 years of experience conducting fundamental equity research analysis, in either a buy-side or sell-side setting
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to maintain good relationships with industry counter-parties as well as internal distribution channels.
- Exceptional detail and organizational skills, ability to work independently and within a team setting, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a very fast-paced client service environment.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and other financial applications
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of MS Excel is essential
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.